Spot Hogg Whammie vs. Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro FC

I had the elevation screw on my TT come loose on me. Needless to say I didn't notice my rest creeping up before I adjusted my sight. Not a huge deal to re-sight in but annoying to say the least (fortunately I haven't completed my bow tuning, just getting some arrows out of the bow and getting pin gaps close). I have always liked the idea of the TM Hunter rest's simplicity. What is your opinion(s)?

trkyslr

WKR
Once your tuned and no rest adjustments are needed add a little bit of loktite (one thats not permenant) should hold it.

I like Trophy Taker for several reasons. Dan hunts very hard and tests his products thuroughly. They are made not far from where I live in Montana. And they just plain work and are pretty simple and very durable. Chances are if a screw came loose on one rest it would have on any rest. Thats just part of routine bow maintenance checking screws, waxing etc.

OR Archer

WKR
Im a big Spot Hogg fan but I hate the Whammy. I tried that rest a couple of times and both of them failed me. Seen it happen to to many people. Trophy Taker is my personal choice and what I run on my Spyder Turbo. I replaced the set screws to ones that I could really torque and get them secure.

a3dhunter

WKR
Had an AAE pro drop break in half on me during league shooting about 6 months ago, switched to the TT smackdown and have been happy since then.

DesertRat

FNG
Hamskea VersaRest is a tank...and as for accuracy, it just won the Men's Open Pro IBO World Championship thanks to Tim Gillingham.

6t4nova

WKR
I had a Smackdown Pro FC. Have a Hamskea FC now. There's no comparison between the two... Like said above, the Hamskea is built like a tank. This thing MUCH better.

OP
Brandon Pattison
Im a big Spot Hogg fan but I hate the Whammy. I tried that rest a couple of times and both of them failed me. Seen it happen to to many people. Trophy Taker is my personal choice and what I run on my Spyder Turbo. I replaced the set screws to ones that I could really torque and get them secure.

Where'd you get the screws? It happened again. I thought it was catching on the front of my quiver so I blocked it with some decoy cordage thinking that was it. Nope, it is still happening.
evu9aba6.jpg

Is it too close to my limb and pulling down too hard upon release?
u8yseqe4.jpg

I cannot afford a higher priced rest.

ontarget7

WKR
Hamskea VersaRest is a tank...and as for accuracy, it just won the Men's Open Pro IBO World Championship thanks to Tim Gillingham.

The rest didn't win, the shooter did.

I feel the Hamskea rest is well built for sure but way overrated for a hunting rest IMO

OR Archer

WKR
Well I work in an archery shop so I have access to different screws. I'd call them direct and ask for them to send you some. They will send them out. Ask for the non button head screws. Or you could see if your local shop has some.

As far as the location of the cord its fine. I actually moved mine to the control cable and it works great.

Between the two rests you mentioned I would only personally use the Trophy Taker. I prefer a limb operated drop away (Hamskea Versa) personal preference. But the pro v and smack downs are a more affordable option.

jm1607

WKR
I don't like how far out the Hamskea Versa rest sticks out, seems like it would get in the way of my tightspot?? I'm leaning towards the Trophy Taker for this reason alone