Sponge Camo Paint Options

Hi everyone!

I just received my AG Composites Alpine Hunter stock for my upcoming rifle build. I ordered it in raw carbon so I can do my own painting. Im hoping to do some light sponge camo in a metallic ish dark grey. I plan to leave a good portion of the raw carbon visible, then clear coat the entire stock in a 2k clear coat. What paint is everyone using for sponge camo? I would prefer a 2 part hardening paint. I was thinking of cerakote but I'm not sure if it thick enough for this technique. Any other options?

Thank you!

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
I've done several with Rust-Oleum. Do a base coat, then sponge (2-3 colors). Biggest trick is to always finish with a clear top coat. It really helps the appearance.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Krylon, rust-oleum, or Montana spray paint.

I don't do a base coat or clear. If it rubs off, just re-paint it after the season.

I recently did a stocky’s raw carbon VG using this same basic idea. Spray painted a big piece of cardboard black and then did color combo tests with the 8 or so colors I had laying around until I found what I liked best. I settled on Rapco field drab and rustoleum desert sand for some contrast. I am a huge fan of the Rapco paints since they discontinued the Aervoe line.

7A749CC0-F6A0-4ADC-B7F5-60831E571494.jpeg