Spika ???

Huntchic

FNG
I just spent a ton of time past couple months researching packs. Ive run Military Issue type and Mystery Ranch previously and been very happy with the Mystery ranch. I was looking for something bigger for 3-5 day hunts and able to carry out meat. I ended up ordering a New Mystery Ranch 80 with the Guide lite MT frame. It supposed to arrive tomorrow. I noticed when searching and researching the brand Spika. It was a 70 liter hunting pack made in Australia. I really liked the look of the pack online but found next to nothing about it as far as reviews from actual hunters here in the US. Been considering getting one for no good reason other than i would use it for sometimes or for my brother if he comes to hunt with me sometimes. Anyone have one of these or had their hands on one? What do you think about them or the quality?

Traskie

FNG
Hey man, I actually have a Spike. Took a flyer on it since I could find it on amazon with easy returns. I've been pretty happy with it. Only real complaint is that it's not the lightest pack, but at the price point, it's as good as you can expect, and within a half pound of a Mystery ranch pop up.

The good
- pack fully separates form Frame so you can use the back as a standalone load hauler (soft shelf). The 40L and the larger size use the same frame, so you can swap in and out as needed for day hunts or longer trips.
- Comfortable, adjustable, and sits well. Good ventilation on the back
- Quality has seemed high. I broke part of a plastic buckle, but that was on me. Ive been using it during elk season and went on some rucks with it in load hauler mode in the off season
- Lot of little features. included rain cover, included pocket and attachments for a rifle, cartridge loops in the top.
Ive been pretty pleased with it, no regrets here.

I have this pack man. It’s pretty good quality especially compared to the mystery ranch. I have two brothers and a good buddy that run the mystery ranch. I’m 5’6” 178 lbs and found that the hip belt didn’t wrap around my body how I wanted it to. But I noticed this pack resembles the Exo packs and the exo k3 belt with the k2 adapter actually fits on this pack like it was made for it. Their rifle, bow carriers and lumbar kit also work with this pack perfectly. It’s a similar design to the Exo and functions similar like how you access the meat shelf. It’s honestly a good pack material almost seems thicker/stronger than that of the mystery ranch.

Attachments

• 42133AD1-C43F-43C9-9C95-C6B0963C26C8.jpeg
    42133AD1-C43F-43C9-9C95-C6B0963C26C8.jpeg
    363.1 KB · Views: 28
  • AB751BA8-A682-4599-A3EC-B460A3AD3F30.jpeg
    AB751BA8-A682-4599-A3EC-B460A3AD3F30.jpeg
    407.4 KB · Views: 23