Speer bullets

2muchhp

WKR
So what you folks are saying my target of choice is likely 175 gr grand slam when I can find them. I think I can order direct but I hate that. I had hoped that had gone away with the Sears catalog (except when I was 12 and looking at womens underware) .
I must say that made me laugh out load. The Sears catalog was awesome, my sister has a house in Illinois that was ordered from that catalog

Vern400

WKR
I like the speer and the Sierra spitzer boat tail configurations out of a 308. They mushroom very rapidly and usually hold together fairly well unless you hit a huge bone. I get online and try all the shops. Mid-South shooter supply, Midway usa, Natchez shooter supply, Scheels, whoever I can think of. I've given up trying to buy anything locally so I just have it shipped in.
I know some states require copper bullets and I partly understand the reason for it. But a good quality bonded or interlocked bullet does pretty impressive work and is somewhat less sensitive to impact velocity. I've had a few deer run off with well placed shots using fancy bullets simply because they did not initiate expansion as rapidly as a lead typical it would. You know that lead tip gets real hot and it's almost a liquid when it hits the deer. Anyway, good luck and shoot straight, chief!

Wrench

WKR
I have a 270ti that shoots speer 130 btsp bullets into internet fable sizes groups. That bullet is gondy like the wind.

bbassi

Lil-Rokslider
I've found that if you are looking for a particular, long discontinued bullet. It can be well worth your time to post a WTB ad on several outdoor related forums and be willing to buy partial boxes. My 708 shot the above mentioned internet fable size groups with the long discontinued Nosler flat based 140. I placed an ad here and 24HCF and possibly Cast Boolets? I ended up with close to 1500 at well below current new pricing for Partitions (which my gun didn't care for anyway)

EdP

WKR
If you want a good shooting cup and core bullet and they are available, try Sierra Gamekings. I don't know what your issue is with Nosler's, I love everything about Accubonds but the price and availability.