Spear Hunting

dtrkyman

WKR
Not sure, saw Tim Wells spear a Grizz in Alaska, guessing black bears would be fair game as well? Speared a whitetail in Nebraska but not sure if it was high fence?

Maybe watch his youtube and see what he's speared.

SWOHTR

WKR
Without looking at any regulations beyond what they say at face value, any "Any Weapon" season would seem to suffice.

Like I said, I did zero research on this prior to posting.

Rich M

WKR
I spear hunted hogs in FL. Had one under my stand and bounced the spear off his “shield”. No blood or nothing. Pretty exciting anyway.

OP
Where's Bruce?
My research thus far shows only 4 states where it's legal. Anyone in Canada know anything?

OP
Where's Bruce?
Come try to spear a Nilgai in Texas…..
Researched that to death and scheduled a winter bow hunt, then a neighbor told me about his nilgai hunt. This is a guy who literally spends months each year hunting, traveling from state to state (semi-retired contractor) who actually took a nilgai...a very nice one in fact. But when he went into detail on the pursuit itself and challenges presented (even with a rifle) it became apparent killing nilgai with a bow isn't like taking an elk. he had crawled through deep grass (insert snakes here) to get within 300 yards of his nilgai. The others in his group all failed to connect. I think taking a nilgai with a spear is about as possible as getting Joe Biden to speak intelligently and clearly.