Spartan Precision or Tricer or other Tripod Binocular Mount/Shooting Mount Head

Hi. I have a Tricer tripod currently equipped with a spartan precision davros head. I’m considering upgrading to the davros pro gen 2 head but before I do I want to see if there are any better alternatives in the market that I’m not aware of. I will be hunting in Alaska next year and I want a head that I can easily switch from glassing to shooting with that doesn’t take up a ton of room or weight. My friend had the tricer gc but I’m not a huge fan of it as it’s big and bulky. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JFK

WKR
You would need to go to an arca setup to get better stability than the Spartan head. If you plan on shooting off the Spartan head, put a gunsmith adapter in front of your magazine well. Spartan is still faster and lighter, but not as stable to shoot off and not as nice as a pan head.

Hi. I have a Tricer tripod currently equipped with a spartan precision davros head. I’m considering upgrading to the davros pro gen 2 head but before I do I want to see if there are any better alternatives in the market that I’m not aware of. I will be hunting in Alaska next year and I want a head that I can easily switch from glassing to shooting with that doesn’t take up a ton of room or weight. My friend had the tricer gc but I’m not a huge fan of it as it’s big and bulky. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

The Gen 2 is a much better head, in my opinion, especially for glassing. I believe @Happy Antelope is the biggest or only distributor of them in the US? He's active on here, and is great info on Spartan products.

OP
WesternWisconsin
You would need to go to an arca setup to get better stability than the Spartan head. If you plan on shooting off the Spartan head, put a gunsmith adapter in front of your magazine well. Spartan is still faster and lighter, but not as stable to shoot off and not as nice as a pan head.

[mention]JFK [/mention] what is a gunsmith adapter?

JFK

WKR
[mention]JFK [/mention] what is a gunsmith adapter?

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This with the Davros Pro 2 is the best option by far.

omicron1792

Lil-Rokslider
So I have been shooting a ton off of tripod this spring coyote hunting. This is what I’ve come up with.

I’m a big fan of the spartan system. All my guns and equipment are fitted. I too wondered if an arca setup was better for shooting. So I fitted rails on 2 of my rifles and went with the anvil 30.

That said, I got the arca to Spartan adapter. I find my self using the spartan system still on the anvil head! I actually like being able to pan left and right on the spartan head with my rifle, but keeping the vertical stable. If I need to change levels, then I use the anvil to adjust.

That said, I will probably switch back to the Davros 2 pro head. The system just works.

As written, mount an adapter as far central to the gun as you can and it’s my favorite shooting system.

IMG_4010.jpeg

OP
WesternWisconsin
So I have been shooting a ton off of tripod this spring coyote hunting. This is what I’ve come up with.

I’m a big fan of the spartan system. All my guns and equipment are fitted. I too wondered if an arca setup was better for shooting. So I fitted rails on 2 of my rifles and went with the anvil 30.

That said, I got the arca to Spartan adapter. I find my self using the spartan system still on the anvil head! I actually like being able to pan left and right on the spartan head with my rifle, but keeping the vertical stable. If I need to change levels, then I use the anvil to adjust.

That said, I will probably switch back to the Davros 2 pro head. The system just works.

As written, mount an adapter as far central to the gun as you can and it’s my favorite shooting system.

View attachment 717033

Thank you for this. Can you share the link for the arca to spartan adapter that you are referencing?

omicron1792

Lil-Rokslider

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
There is one for the tripod and one for the gun.

We have both in stock