Spare ammo holder. Ones that go on rifle vs ones that go on belt or pack straps.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I want some type of ammo holder that securely holds extra rounds. I want one that covers the ammo with a flap so it won't fall out. I currently have an Ammo Slicker on the butt of my compact Remington Model 7 and I like it but looking to see what else is out there. Considering one like the GOHUNT ammo wallet also for attaching to a belt or pack strap also.

What are your suggestions?

Thanks!

I have used this pouch for 5 years now, still in excellent condition. Holds the cartridges inside, is secure on the stock, gives a great cheek weld, and has an internal pouch for small items as well like a lighter, lip balm, etc

Thanks for the information fellas. I'm liking the PIG one. Only problem with the EXO one is I want to buy a pack to go with it when I visit the website :)

I have an all leather browning pouch that goes on a belt. Not the lightest but really well made.

Just toss a couple shells in your pockets of your pants. If you emptied the rifle and the couple in your pocket. You have time to grab some outta your pack

I run one of the Short Action Precision two round holders on my tikka as I am shooting bergers that i have to single load. Nice having them right there to grab and load with one hand and have lugged that rifle around a long ways without ever having a round fall out.

Triad tactical stock pack.

I use the two round holders on my match rifles but I’d be leaving two rounds in the field every trip if it were on my hunting rifles

Back