FHF Nav Pouch on Kifaru pack

slim9300

WKR
Has anyone used the updated FHF Nav Pouch mounted on a Kifaru pack belt? I want to know if it mounts securely and if the tall (6.5-7”) height is awkward? This pouch seems to fit my iPhone 12 Pro Max perfectly and it would be nice to finally find a good phone storage/protection method for my large phone that is quick to access.

I wish they made a horizontal version but what can you do? I currently have a medium belt pouch and it’s less than ideal for quick access and organization. I bought a Marsupial Gear phone holder for my shoulder strap and I don’t love it. 13 years of navigating with my phone and I still have never been able to find an ideal solution.

Thank you in advance for your feedback!
-Conlan

b81ea9f95679e6084f96e560217ce4f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baron528

FNG
I don't have experience with the FHF pouch, but I also had a hard time finding a decent phone storage option. Tried the shoulder pouches as well.

Best I've found so far is the eberlestock large padded pouch. Fits larger phones/otterboxs, padded, quiet, one handed zipper operation as long as you keep the two way zippers on the top/horizontal section. Requires two hands to close typically if a zipper gets around onto the vertical section.

OP
slim9300

slim9300

WKR
I don't have experience with the FHF pouch, but I also had a hard time finding a decent phone storage option. Tried the shoulder pouches as well.

Best I've found so far is the eberlestock large padded pouch. Fits larger phones/otterboxs, padded, quiet, one handed zipper operation as long as you keep the two way zippers on the top/horizontal section. Requires two hands to close typically if a zipper gets around onto the vertical section.

Thank you for the feedback. If I don’t love this one, I’ll give it a try.

OP
slim9300

slim9300

WKR
I have one that I use with the Kifaru, it seems to work great in my usage and have it in front of a bottle pouch. I'll try to remember to take a pic when I get home, but I love it.

Thank you!

Hey Conlan, T & K Hunting Gear has a "Horizontal admin pouch" that could work. Just not sure how you would attach it to your current hip belt or belt pouch. Available in coyote brown, ranger green or multi cam. I found this company while looking for leg gaiters that i am totally happy with. 100% made in USA. Dimensions are 5.4" high x 4" wide x 2" deep. It looks like its made to attach to their bino harness. Worth a looksee.

OP
slim9300

slim9300

WKR
Hey Conlan, T & K Hunting Gear has a "Horizontal admin pouch" that could work. Just not sure how you would attach it to your current hip belt or belt pouch. Available in coyote brown, ranger green or multi cam. I found this company while looking for leg gaiters that i am totally happy with. 100% made in USA. Dimensions are 5.4" high x 4" wide x 2" deep. It looks like its made to attach to their bino harness. Worth a looksee.

Thanks for looking out David! I got the FHF Nav Pouch yesterday in the mail and I think it’s going to be a great solution. The ability to quickly slide in and remove my phone without opening a pocket is super handy. I will report back after more use.