Southwest Colorado things to do, places to eat?

fmyth

WKR
I’ll 2nd making Tacos Del Gnar in Ridgway. My wife’s recreation of their “Drippy Mitch” has become a highlight on our menu @ home.
Stopped in there 4 years ago. Wife still compares every taco place we try to Gnar's. Spent a few hours in the kitchen trying to replicate the Rick Ross Sauce but gave up.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Pagosa has a new Vietnamese/Hmong place that is really good. Kips is my go to for margaritas and tacos in Pagosa.

Durango El Moro for fancy and great bourbon selection. The bookcase and barber, speakeasy, for cocktails, you need the code for the day. Train - do the one way/bus back. Chang Thai is legit.

Mancos absolute bakery, haven’t been since new owners took over, I think it’s open. The Boathouse in Mancos for fancy food, need reservations.

Dolores . Montezumas for sitting next to the river, don’t drink more than 1 margarita if you need to be functional, food is ok . If you missed Brown dog in T-ride the Italian does good Chicago style pizza. Dolores River Brewing has a nice patio, beer is decent, shoot me a message maybe I’ll join you.

Cortez . Thai place, Sushi place is decent, Blondies for burgers ( lots of taxidermy), lounging lizard for comfort food. Farm bistro “ local sourced”. I’ve heard the restaurant up on Mesa Verde is good, but can’t verify. The Mountain Ute do a private tour on the backside of Mesa Verde .

Another vote for Brown Dog Pizza in Telluride - it’s my wife and I’s favorite pizza (wife is gluten free and it’s the best GF crust I’ve had as a regular gluten eater). Colorado Boy is a close second and there’s one in Ridgway and Ouray. Both have great beer. Thai Paradise in Ridgway is also great and is very comparable to some of the best Thai food I had in Seattle.

Definitely ride the gondola if you end up in Mountain Village/Telluride. Not only a great way to get between the two towns but it has amazing views.

As someone else said though, it’s probably not even close to as cool of a place as Garden of the Gods and Colorado Springs 😏

Seth

WKR
Baked in Bayfield is a gem for breakfast or lunch. Woody does a fantastic job and has a variety of goodies to take with you for later.

Carvers and El Moro in Durango are also good stops. If you want something low key, we like Serious Texas BBQ and Zia.