South Dakota public land pheasant?

GMO44

FNG
Want to go on a hunting trip for pheasant in SD, preferably public land. Where would you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have quite a Walk-In program. You can pick up a book at almost any convenience store or download. It is also on the ONX maps you can pout on your phone for $30 (free one state if RMEF member) Good Luck

Near Huron is a good place to start lots of walk in and crp the SDGFP_Outdoors website would also help but there is quite a few pheasants and public ground. I live an hour east of there hit me up if you would like any more info or another shooter with a couple of flushing dogs.

wyosteve

WKR
Unless they changed it, the noon opening is for the first weekend. After that it's 10 a.m. start.

Lived there for 9 years...there are a lot of good places through out eastern SoDak. Winner/Dallas/Colome are good. Redfield/Huron is good. There are a few decent spots around Sioux Falls even. A lot of land to hunt...even up north by Clark/Watertown or Aberdeen area. Pick a place and then just use onxmaps or the public hunting guides book. I know numbers are up this year and you may be able to get more off the road then walking through fields.