South Central CO Taxidermist

jwatts

WKR
At the risk of jinxing myself, I am looking for recommendations for a taxidermist in the south central part of Colorado. I drew a 4th season deer tag. I noticed a leftover 4th season elk tag in the same unit, and applied my son for it. He ended up drawing. I typically bring a burner and pot to do my own Euro mount before leaving the area headed home. He is dead set against a Euro mount. In the event that we do get him an elk, and it's big enough, he wants a full shoulder mount. Is there anyone that you would recommend? We'll be staying around Del Norte, and driving back through Walsenburg and down I-25. I am not opposed to making a detour or changing our route to get to the right taxidermist though.

Bugger

Lil-Rokslider
Ron at Mt-N-Man Taxidermy out of Pagosa does great work. He’s never been much for an online presence but walk through his showroom and you’ll be happy to leave it there.

OP
jwatts

jwatts

WKR
Ron at Mt-N-Man Taxidermy out of Pagosa does great work. He’s never been much for an online presence but walk through his showroom and you’ll be happy to leave it there.
Thanks for the suggestion. That wouldn't be too far out of the way. I've never been to Pagosa anyway
so I'd get to see some new country.