Solutions for Maven, Drop Culture, and All Your Sadness

SDHNTR

WKR
So, supporting an optic company that's making what people have been asking for, and not doing it in China, is a bad thing?
No, I said nothing about any of that. Support who you want to support.

goalie

FNG
No, I said nothing about any of that. Support who you want to support.
Well, you're saying support companies that are good at managing inventory and well capitalized, but aren't making what I want.

Brilliant!!!!

SDHNTR

WKR
Well, you're saying support companies that are good at managing inventory and well capitalized, but aren't making what I want.

Brilliant!!!!
I didn’t say that either! You sure like to add words that aren’t there!

Jesseb

WKR
All I will say about SWFA is never again. I think there recent business practices are very shady and it appears that the quality has tanked in order to try to meet demand. I back ordered my ultralight and waited around a year to get it only to have lenses internally fall apart now rattling around inside after less then 100 rounds on a soft kicking Grendel. The warranty is useless! They had me send it back on my dime only to tell me I now have an in store credit for a scope that is never in stock! So now they have my money for the scope and shipping plus return shipping back to them and I have nothing. I asked for the money back since they can’t repair or replace the scope and crickets. They won’t earmark one for me to send as soon as it comes in or anything. They should be holding back some inventory just for replacements. Or if they had at least told me they would send one my way as soon as the next shipment comes in, I might have been ok with that. They told me I could just order something else off their site that is in stock. They are a joke. They built a reputation on quality optics but can’t keep up and now quality is crap! Rant over

ljalberta

WKR
All I will say about SWFA is never again. I think there recent business practices are very shady and it appears that the quality has tanked in order to try to meet demand. I back ordered my ultralight and waited around a year to get it only to have lenses internally fall apart now rattling around inside after less then 100 rounds on a soft kicking Grendel. The warranty is useless! They had me send it back on my dime only to tell me I now have an in store credit for a scope that is never in stock! So now they have my money for the scope and shipping plus return shipping back to them and I have nothing. I asked for the money back since they can’t repair or replace the scope and crickets. They won’t earmark one for me to send as soon as it comes in or anything. They should be holding back some inventory just for replacements. Or if they had at least told me they would send one my way as soon as the next shipment comes in, I might have been ok with that. They told me I could just order something else off their site that is in stock. They are a joke. They built a reputation on quality optics but can’t keep up and now quality is crap! Rant over
Wouldn’t surprise me if quality dropped.

In my most recent 10MQ there is debris on the inside of the lens. On my 3-9, the elevation arrived turret arrived bent. The biggest problem here is that I have to be real careful about tightening the turret down. Too tight and it won’t spin. That being said, they both are tracking and the 3-9 is holding zero.

The 3-9 is certainly my favourite backpacking scope, but I won’t be sending mine for warranty until they have secured stock.

dirtshooter

Lil-Rokslider
Wouldn’t surprise me if quality dropped.

In my most recent 10MQ there is debris on the inside of the lens. On my 3-9, the elevation arrived turret arrived bent. The biggest problem here is that I have to be real careful about tightening the turret down. Too tight and it won’t spin. That being said, they both are tracking and the 3-9 is holding zero.

The 3-9 is certainly my favourite backpacking scope, but I won’t be sending mine for warranty until they have secured stock.
They drop tested it for you