Solomon Quest Alternative

Brother.. I'm being serious... no the current pair.. but the pair before... it REALLY pissed me off how rapidly that sole ripped man. And that's because the prior pair lasted me 3 years. They just got sacked-out is all so I wanted the cushioning of the soles back again. This pari I'm talking about that pissed me off? Hrmm.. I wanna say.... 3 months to rip?

EDIT: NOTE - one theory I have though is that the Peet's Boot Dryer, which I love... I think that sometimes when I've forgotten to take them off within 1 days time possibly contributed to the premature failure. To try to test that theory out.... whenever I put my boots on the dryer now, I set an alarm in my phone so I don't EFF up and forget about them in the silence of the garage. That being said, the longest I've left it on there was like 2 days, tops.

I’m convinced that the Asian imported boots have all just went to shit at this point and the waterproof membranes also aren’t what they were before the recent regulations. I got tired of replacing boots every few months from them coming apart and got a pair of insulated Danner Elk Hunters for winter boots and I’m sold. They are tough boots and I’m sold on these air bob soles. I’ve been wearing them every day since I got them and we hike 4-5 days a week. Just did blood mountain yesterday which is one of the rockiest mountains I’ve been on and with sharp rocks that took massive chunks of rubber out of almost new Merrell Moab 2’s when we did it earlier this year and I was purposely trying to step on as bad rocks as possible to see how the sole would hold up and I didn’t lose any rubber. I had hear reports of them not being recommended for rocks but they are probably the grippiest soles I’ve ever had even on wet rocks.

Needless to say I have a pair of non insulated elk hunters being delivered next week that will be my spring through fall hike boots and explorers that will be my all around boots. There’s certainly a weight and breathability penalty compared to most hiking boots that are basically high top aggressive tread tennis shoes, but I’ll take that to have boots that hold up.

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
I have some Asolo Flames (Sierra Trading Post) that I like, but my foot has grown with age and they don't make that model bigger than 12. My next pair will be either Asolo Fugitives or Meindl Air Revolutions.

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
EDIT: NOTE - one theory I have though is that the Peet's Boot Dryer, which I love... I think that sometimes when I've forgotten to take them off within 1 days time possibly contributed to the premature failure. To try to test that theory out.... whenever I put my boots on the dryer now, I set an alarm in my phone so I don't EFF up and forget about them in the silence of the garage. That being said, the longest I've left it on there was like 2 days, tops.
It's heat that causes the issue with delaminating. I highly doubt your issue is due to the dryer.

I was at a point convinced that I ruined a pair of boots putting them on my heater registers, a lot. 5 years later, the guy who owns them now says they're the best boots he has ever owned. And that was a massively oversized heater for the house, would burn us out running for 5 minutes. Boots straight on registers.

I didn't want to buy a Peet, but wanted dry boots. I wound up fixing up some PVC pipe and elbows and a T and I put a clamp on the trigger for my 18V blower with the contraption on the outlet of the blower, and the boots at the business ends of my Y. Sends dry air into the boots without heat.

Extremely technical document/drawing/rendering to follow.

b=boot y=t fitting

b b
l___l
Y
blower