Solo Mule Deer hunting in WA

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Congratulations!

Hope you find an elk as well.

I’ll also encourage you to add bear hunting into your seasons.

TaperPin

WKR
Congrats! It‘s a real treat hearing about a first deer.

In years to come, even when numbers and odds don’t sound good, when you hunt for days without seeing anything, when there may not be any recent tracks or other sign, keeping an optimistic outlook will keep paying off.

Washington is in a massive spiral due to massive over-predation. Get a bear tag and focus on that.
That blue mountain study about elk calves was insane- 14 percent survival and 68 percent of deaths from Cougars 😳 Washington has got to get it together!

Brownrice

Lil-Rokslider
Congratulations. Sometimes it’s a grind sometimes it’s easy but it’s worth it! Elk is only a few days off! Fall bear is open till Nov 15. Keep on punching tags.

OP
amelliott_tg
Thanks for the support everyone! I do have a bear tag in my pocket also and am hitting it hard on weekends currently. Bummed I can't just take another week to be out backpacking!

Jason277

WKR
Well, I had a great hunt. Found a buck early on my way into the backcountry. Stalked in close and repositioned a couple times to get the right shooting lane. 110 yards shooting about 14degrees downhill. 2x3 mule Deer buck for my first big game animal. Pretty happy with 85lbs of meat in the freezer, euro mount and hide for the memories. Roosevelt elk is my next hunt in a couple weeks! View attachment 617323
Awesome job , it is great to see people getting it done just starting out . I know the feeling it can be overwhelming!

Seems like you hear about similar decline everywhere in WA and some other neighboring states. Sad. Why can't they figure this stuff out.
They know exactly what they're doing. Protecting predators will eventually end all OTC hunting in WA. It's going to happen quicker than most think.

digz24

FNG
Ill be out in Unit 249 for all of sept Archery. If any other solos's out there need help willing to trade help for knowledge. This is my first hunt and why not start in the alpine lakes ! been scouting the last few weekends.
I have a TW200 and a VW syncro 4x4 with a full kitchen and 2 beds. I'll park that and pack in a tent.
good luck out there !

Jason277

WKR
Ill be out in Unit 249 for all of sept Archery. If any other solos's out there need help willing to trade help for knowledge. This is my first hunt and why not start in the alpine lakes ! been scouting the last few weekends.
I have a TW200 and a VW syncro 4x4 with a full kitchen and 2 beds. I'll park that and pack in a tent.
good luck out there !
That’s awesome your going out for archery remember there will be a bunch of more hunters on the 15th most likely with rifles .

digz24

FNG
That’s awesome your going out for archery remember there will be a bunch of more hunters on the 15th most likely with rifles .
Thanks man ! Oh yeah. I’ll keep an eye out 🤙🏽
Hopefully I have something by then hahah.