Solo hunter dead heads

SkinnyPete

Lil-Rokslider
We have had a few run in's with thieves.
We had a whole cooler of boned out deer stolen.
I've caught guys in our camp at the meat pole knives in hand.
My hunting buddy had a bull taken from him when he was in his teens: He shot a bull and it made it over a small rise and fell right in front of a group of guys. As it was dying one of the guys shot it again. My teenage buddy watched it happen and was yelling at them not to shoot it again... but... there were 5 of them and 1 of him. They made is very clear with knives and rifles that it was "their elk".... As he put it "Them Mexican fellers had that bull cut up and gone faster than I have ever seen anyone breakdown and animal.." they laughed at him as they left...
Another buddy was on a sheep hunt and had some people shoot OVER him at the sheep he had shot and killed as it lay dead just 10 yards above him... They showed up at the sheep as he was skinning it... and attempted to commandeer the sheep. It was a guide and his client and a heated argument ensued until my friend pointed out the marks on the rock from the bullets of the client who missed 3 times.....

Brando

FNG
We had a 3 point and all quarters stolen out of camp in the middle of the night back in the early nineties.
Every year since we have tried if able to bring a bull out of the woods whole, and locked the head with a bike cable or chain around an axle of the trailer or left it locked up in the back of the truck or inside the cook tent out of sight.