Solo elk hunt this year!!!

If you've never taken Aleve, try it before you take it on a trip. Aleve is an NSAID. It is common among NSAIDs, and especially with Naproxen, Aleve, that they can irritate your stomach.

Aleve will burn holes in my gut unless I take it when eating a meal. Gulping a dose with half a granola bar and a slug of water while humping a pack would be counterproductive for me.

And if you're experiencing headaches towards the end of the day, drink more water.

If you're pissing nasty, stinky, and really yellow, drink lots of water and snack on something, maybe use some of your Wilderness Athlete or Mountain Ops. As a guy, it's incredibly easy to monitor.

Archerm

Lil-Rokslider
Good info about Aleve.
If you've never taken Aleve, try it before you take it on a trip. Aleve is an NSAID. It is common among NSAIDs, and especially with Naproxen, Aleve, that they can irritate your stomach.

Aleve will burn holes in my gut unless I take it when eating a meal. Gulping a dose with half a granola bar and a slug of water while humping a pack would be counterproductive for me.

And if you're experiencing headaches towards the end of the day, drink more water.

If you're pissing nasty, stinky, and really yellow, drink lots of water and snack on something, maybe use some of your Wilderness Athlete or Mountain Ops. As a guy, it's incredibly easy to monitor.

Hey Mike don't know if this helps if you actually want some video footage but check out the SOLVID website they'll give you some good camera options and they sell caps and straps to mount the camera to your head. Check out some of the videos they shot they're awesome.

OP
B

Bigmike68

FNG
Good luck on your hunt, Mike. One thing that might give you some confidence is having an outfitter on call if you need them for the pack out. You can find a list of the licensed outfitters for your area here:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/whiteriver/recreation/?cid=stelprdb5281134

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see permitted outfitters by ranger district. I'm pretty sure you want the eagle/holy cross list.

Thanks I have a guys with horses if need them for sure depends on what day I get a bull.

OP
B

Bigmike68

FNG
Hey Mike don't know if this helps if you actually want some video footage but check out the SOLVID website they'll give you some good camera options and they sell caps and straps to mount the camera to your head. Check out some of the videos they shot they're awesome.
Thanks man yeh looked into it looks nice. They sure can film solo hunts.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bigmike68

FNG
Cross, couldn't figure out how to post pics but here are attachments Enjoy, love the new bow smoothest draw an shooting bow ever laid hands on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 23