Solids for turkey

Jmort1754

WKR
Need to invest in some new lighter / warm weather pants.

Has used solids for spring easterns with success?

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
By " solids " I assume you mean solid color/non-camo (?). If so, I wouldn`t say that you absolutely couldn`t wear them (although I would want to know if there are any solids that stand out in a turkey`s vision ) since being VERY still is the key, but I`ve never known anyone who didn`t hunt turkey`s in some camo pattern.

Bump79

WKR
By " solids " I assume you mean solid color/non-camo (?). If so, I wouldn`t say that you absolutely couldn`t wear them (although I would want to know if there are any solids that stand out in a turkey`s vision ) since being VERY still is the key, but I`ve never known anyone who didn`t hunt turkey`s in some camo pattern.
I'd think if it's pants specifically and you're setting up on the ground it would be alright wouldn't it? Not much exposed there. I'm not a real eastern turkey hunter though

fatlander

WKR
85ca1262551b1c5f71496a83ad52361b.jpg

Easterns are fickle birds. I’ve had them see me from the blink of my eye. I’ve watched them spook at the glare on a blued barrel when the sun poked through and hit it. With that said, I’ve yet to have one spook and me say, “it was definitely the pants”. 9.9 times out of 10, he sees you moving provided you’ve set up with decent back cover.

I shot this bird at 10 yards. Many others have died within 20 yards while wearing solid pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
It`s being still ( or not ) that`s the key. Just curious as to what the OP might have against picking up a pair of camo pants?

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
Well I wear solids for hunting in the fall and figure kill two birds with one stone

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
Probably the ability to wear those pants for things other than hunting and not look like a tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, I suppose that`s a reason, yes. Although, I`ve never personally been inclined to wear camo pants to do anything but hunt.

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
Why pay for some overpriced pants if solid color is GTG on turkey
That may be so, but my recollection is that my last pair of camo hunting pants were for something like $10 on Ebay. No matter, one should wear what you like. The turkeys won`t care!

Drenalin

WKR
I had a hen peck my boot once when I was wearing brown wranglers. You’ll be alright.