Solar Arrays in Paunsaugunt and Kaibab Deer Herd Habitat?

Joelweb

FNG
Hey Roksliders. I'm bringing more fun to the party. The Bureau of Land Management is proposing to make available for utility scale solar development winter range and migration corridors for the Paunsaugunt (Utah) and Kaibab North (Arizona) deer herds (the two herds share their winter range). I'm sure you all know the importance of these two famed herds. The Kaibab North herd has 10,000 deer alone. Learn more about the proposal and please comment at the below links (comment option will pop up on the left hand side), and ask the BLM to not develop solar energy in migration corridors and winter range. I suggest specifically naming these two herds.

BLM proposal info: https://blmsolar.anl.gov/solar-peis-2023/
Get involved: https://eplanning.blm.gov/eplanning-ui/project/2022371/530

Kaibab Area BLM Draft Solar PEIS Alternative 3 with Mule Deer Migration Draft 02.png

Hard to imagine mule deer wintering in or migrating through a solar zone
utility-scale-solar-report.jpg

There is a podcast called
District of Conservation and the host goes over utility scale solar. A good listen and potentially not as productive energy wise as advertised

TVW

Lil-Rokslider
Why the heck can't we make sure solar is on the roof of every commercial building and warehouse in the major cities of these sunny areas before we plow under more Public Land?

Why the heck can't we make sure solar is on the roof of every commercial building and warehouse in the major cities of these sunny areas before we plow under more Public Land?

And every home for that matter, but the reason is because that doesn’t limit people’s outdoor recreation opportunities. Just like Covid, they want everyone to stay home and do what they say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TVW

Lil-Rokslider
And every home for that matter, but the reason is because that doesn’t limit people’s outdoor recreation opportunities. Just like Covid, they want everyone to stay home and do what they say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I'm ready to go down the rabbit hole that putting up solar arrays is to shut down Public Land to keep us locked up....

I would think the reason "they" would give for not having it on more buildings etc. is the insurance and maintenance implications of putting a public utility on a private building. But I think that could be overcome if they really wanted to.