Soft shell/midlayer hoodie for low temps

ForkLift

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a hoodie soft shell / midlayer recommendation that will work in the low 20’s. Something similar to an Arctyrex Atom, but more durable for spot and stalk.

Low 20s is a lot to ask from a soft shell, unless you are moving a lot.

am a Sitka guy mainly. My jet stream is still my go to. I am also a big fan of the traverse jacket. It is less weatherproof but breathes well and has a fleece lining.

I would take a look at some of these active insulation offerings like the ambient. They have soft shell like characteristics but more warmth for weight. I really like how mine performed on some high exertion, low temp hunts. I didn’t have to peel off layers as much and I didn’t stay swampy when I was getting sweaty.

feanor

WKR
If you like the atom, or are familiar with it, maybe try to wear it and pair it with a very light weight softshell for the durability. OR Ferrosi maybe?

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
Sitka jetstream and Kuiu kenai.

Both have pit zips to dump heat when really active. Kenai is more of an active insulation piece.

Jetstream is windproof for when you get stationary for awhile

Forgot to mention that I have and like an axis hybrid jacket from kuiu. I still like my jetstream for general use. The axis is a Great piece for colder weather. Doesn’t breathe as well but very warm and durable. Very good for wet and snow up to an outright downpour.

Wait for a sale and size up from your normal jacket size.

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
Forgot to mention that I have and like an axis hybrid jacket from kuiu. I still like my jetstream for general use. The axis is a Great piece for colder weather. Doesn’t breathe as well but very warm and durable. Very good for wet and snow up to an outright downpour.

Wait for a sale and size up from your normal jacket size.
I did the same and have the same thought on the Axis. I use the Jetstream for the majority of my hunts but break out the Axis for colder and wetter hunts