Sock combo testament

Palouse

FNG
Just got back from a spring bear trip. Flipped a raft in the water on my way in, I didn’t lose any gear somehow so I still pursued to my camping spot that night. Where I ended up was on a rock scramble under a marked trail about 1.5 miles above. Dry pack weight heading in was 71#

I got all my gear attached and started climbing, with a 42% ascent it took me 4hr to get to the trail, but once I got on the trail I covered roughly 5 miles until it was getting dark and I pitched camp.

I was expecting feet full of blisters because of my spontaneous river swim, paired with a few miles of hiking and mid 70s for weather.

To my surprise, I had no blisters just extremely pruned feet. My sock combo was Injinji merino liners and Darn Tough merino boot socks.

My boots were Schnee Timberlines, they were soaked but luckily dried out over night with the Grakksaw driers.

If you’re in the market for a sock set up, I recommend the injini/darn tough combo. After this trip I’ll be hesitant to wear anything else.

Toe socks are worth every penny. I always have toe socks and regular wool socks over them when I'm in the woods or hiking.