Snowtrekker tent size

Ok so I do not backpack hunt, I have always packed camp in with my mules even if I have to lead them and hike they carry the brunt of it. That being said I sold my old tent 12x12 going ro a snowtrekker 13x13 mega crew is what I decided on well I have the opportunity to save 50 percent of buying that tent new to purchase a 13x18 which the weight is much different 17 lbs in tents poles and stakes. I can't decide if that's the route I should go or is that excessive in size. 3 of us used the 12x12 fairly comfortable. But bigger size weight is the biggest factor, plus probably larger heavier stove on top of heavier tent time to setup probably a minute difference, part of me just thinks it may be too big any thoughts?

Last edited:

Solm

FNG
I was recently looking at Snowtrekker and thought the Shortwall would be a good solo tent. All of their tents are huge compared to what I normally use!

OP
CrazySRanch
I was recently looking at Snowtrekker and thought the Shortwall would be a good solo tent. All of their tents are huge compared to what I normally use!
We are usually 3 to 4 man hunt the 13x13 will be getting tight with 4 I think and a wood stove but I rechecked weights and it is 17lbs lighter