Snowpack not looking very good :(

BuckSmasher

Lil-Rokslider
This storm was a day I should've called in sick all day or had taken the whole day off not the afternoon. 😂 plowing is fun, the first time, after that between break downs and people, it's a terrible job.
I didn't plow my road and now the rain has melted it all anyway.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
We got a decent dump in town (5-ish") thinking the higher elevations got more, we just broke the 70% mark as well for the first time this Winter.

There's even a couple of 80% readings (NW and SW)- first for that too. Come on March!

dtrkyman

WKR
New Mexico is sitting at 90% as a whole.

Better than I thought and I ran into more snow than I thought the other day out scouting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
I’ll be driving over donner pass in two weeks. Never driven it, hoping it will be a) open, and b) lovely.
My brother drove it two weeks ago said the snow is the easy part. It’s the chains laying all over the road that fall of peoples vehicles

Reactions: ODB
45 inches the last 3 days on Banner Summit.
Opened the highway yesterday but we are supposed to get another foot tonight.
Someone needs to shoot that groundhog......

Randy
I was thinking that you guys have been working your tails off. I'm still down to volunteer on that rotary!

IDVortex

WKR
With the weather changing next week, most low lying snow will be gone. Be interesting to see how quickly up high will melt.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks the NRCS has changed their site yet again, can't find the daily updated snowpack maps for each state that I could just a couple of days ago :(

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ nope that map lists all the snotel sites and you can click on them and check the individual sites; the one I'm looking for now looks like this- is updated daily (and all the Western states have one)

RAWnHTa.png