Snowpack not looking very good :(

The super El Nino (as it was termed) is supposed to bring above normal snow and rain across the RM west. Feb/early March hasn't happened yet...

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
Hopefully it will improve in November.
Hopefully will not be someone in their 70s. I had to live through a very confused second term President Ronald Reagan where his wife and Chief of Staff made the decisions. The wife relied on palm readers, by the way. I do not need a repeat of that no matter the initial next to their name on the ballot. We deserve an alert President with the energy to focus on complicated matters. God help us, otherwise.

AZ8

WKR
Pretty meager so far up here. We’ve recorded roughly 25”, normal for this date is right around 50”, so we’re in a deficit. Last year at this time, we had already recorded 80”.

Keeping fingers crossed for a wetter FEB/MARCH.

Unfortunately, life along the 35th parallel, the sun starts to take over as we get out of January. Not as fortunate as our friends to the north. That’s why down here, Dec/Jan are the big months to build up that snowpack.

Normally all the elk start to migrate to the winter range around thanksgiving. I live on the summer range. I went out yesterday and could see where 8-10 head of elk came off the neighbors place and crossed the road to feed on my other neighbors place.

This morning while was feeding my horses, I noticed a bull had walked across my hay field, fed along the corral and bedded down and spent the night next to my horses. There has not been any migration.

This was the first year that there was no waterfowl migration. First time in 65 years that I never fired a shotgun. Not trend I would like repeated.

It better help birds for next year because it really screwed waterfowl hunting this year. Me and ol Mister El Nino need to have some words after this year.

My man, by birds I meant like quails in Texas, AZ, NM, KS, OK...like that. Tend to get more moisture on the southern prairies and desert southwest, and a milder winter (more snow, but not frigid cold).

CorbLand

WKR
My man, by birds I meant like quails in Texas, AZ, NM, KS, OK...like that. Tend to get more moisture on the southern prairies and desert southwest, and a milder winter (more snow, but not frigid cold).
Oh you mean those birds that are like elk. You only hunt them when you are done with the far superior species?

*sarcasm...because people say I need to do this more often.

KurtR

WKR
It better help birds for next year because it really screwed waterfowl hunting this year. Me and ol Mister El Nino need to have some words after this year.
For us it was one of the best seasons in a lot of years birds stayed here to the end. Hoping for some snow and a wet spring we get another good year of production it will be a banger next year. Up until the last few weeks been a struggle for people who depended on us getting cold.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niko21