Snake ID?

SwiftShot

WKR
Corn, I guess your Eastern US. Triangle pattern on the side helps distinguish copperheads. That sir is a rater.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
We would get a lot of 4ft ish corn snakes where I grew up in TN. One time one wedged itself between the wall and door frame of our door exiting into the garage and climbed up. I opened the door and started to walk out and was met with a snake head hanging at eye level. Always walked out that door a little funny after that.

For some reason I stopped killing snakes when I come across them now, even rattlesnakes. Unless they're a direct threat to human or dog, I just let them be. Must be getting soft in my old age.
I have always been that way, I have no reason to kill a snake that I encounter in its habitat, and don’t understand people’s irrational fear of them, and it boggles my mind why people kill non venomous snakes at all, they are a good thing, and are cool animals in their own right.

They only 2 things that I try to proactively genocide are ticks and yellow jackets, besides that I assume let most things live if they don’t pose a direct hazard.

My daughter has an irrational fear of spiders, and I don’t mess with most spiders, unless it’s a dangerous species in our house, I will catch it and put it outside, my wife will generally kill them if I’m not home, but they both know jumping spiders off limits and live. In the summer when we have a door or window open most of the time, those big jumping spiders with the red abdomen are fly assassins, and they are just cool bugs… they have a brazenness not shared by most insects, and I like having them around, fun to watch