Small fishing backpack?

trad_zk85

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking for a small edc style backpack for creek/river fishing. Not for tackle (I have a marsupial chest rig) but for lunch, raingear, water, and I often fish with my young boys so that adds a mess of things. I’m currently looking at the marsupial gear edc pack and the Vertx long walks 15L.

Anyone have an opinion or recommendation for a pack?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking for a small edc style backpack for creek/river fishing. Not for tackle (I have a marsupial chest rig) but for lunch, raingear, water, and I often fish with my young boys so that adds a mess of things. I’m currently looking at the marsupial gear edc pack and the Vertx long walks 15L.

Anyone have an opinion or recommendation for a pack?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mother in law gave me a simms subermisble backpack for Christmas. I thought I probably wouldn’t use it much but I’ve ended up loving it. It’s replaced my fishpond lumbar pack for my everyday fishing pack.

AKDoc

WKR

Anyone have an opinion or recommendation for a pack?...
Lots of good suggestions from others thus far.

Take a look at the KUIU Divide daypacks. I've been using a Divide 1500 for the past couple years as my go-to daypack, and I find it to be very versatile for a wide range of applications. I especially like it's design and the option of several different compartments. If you want to go smaller, the Divide 1200 is a similar design.

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
If you're going waterproof, check out Mothbear. They're a fraction of the cost compared to Fishpond, Simms, etc.
I have the backpack and chest rig combo. Very happy with it, water tight in the rain so far

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of good suggestions from others thus far.

Take a look at the KUIU Divide daypacks. I've been using a Divide 1500 for the past couple years as my go-to daypack, and I find it to be very versatile for a wide range of applications. I especially like it's design and the option of several different compartments. If you want to go smaller, the Divide 1200 is a similar design.
I picked up a Divide 1200 and use it primarily for this very purpose. It's a great little pack in my opinion.

richyrich408

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the kuiu divide 1500, I fish out of a chest pack as well and use the kuiu for my kids stuff and water bottles. Lightweight and pretty bombproof due to the codura fabric. Coated divide pocket is perfect for rain jackets or wet dirty clothes/trash. Both the 1200 and 1500 go on sale often. Also tried the 2000ci but the additional weight and lack of exterior pockets did not work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My dad and I have cheapo sling bags from Amazon. Think they were $18. We got them in blaze orange so we would loose them. Works good for water, snacks and first aid. How young are your boys? Might be something they can carry?

Attachments

• IMG_6977.png
    IMG_6977.png
    561.6 KB · Views: 5

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
Sailcloth packs offer great waterproofing. There’s a Rokslide review on the Seek Outside Silverton. Might be a contender. Stone Glacier Tokeen 2600 is another.

Last edited:
Looking at sling bags for this right now. I run an old Cabela's bag for it, but it's pretty uncomfortable walking creeks all day.

Leaning towards the fishpond ones.