Small Diameter Arrow Inserts

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
Now that my season is over, I have decided to upgrade my arrows a bit and change some things. I am swapping from ICS Hunters to the Easton FMJ. I am looking to increase my arrow weight a bit, going from 9.5 to 12.0 GPI (Shooting to be around 525gr total). However, Finding inserts for these arrows has proven to be a pain. I am looking to add a touch more weight up front, Ideally something around 25 grains. This could probably be achieved a little easier with regular inserts and 125gr broadhead, but everyone in my party shoots the same Shuttle T's, and ideally I would like to stick with them. I am not a fan of most of the Easton inserts and I do not want to go to the deep six thread pattern. I have tried doing some searching, but am not having much luck. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks

Last edited:

jmez

WKR
Either have to use a HIT or some type of outserts. The HIT's have their downside but are far superior to any of the outserts.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The HIT's have their downside but are far superior to any of the outserts.

Been using HIT's for almost 10 years and have yet to discover a downside to them. The regular HIT's are 16gr and the brass ones are 75gr full weight or 50gr if you break off the 25gr piece.

Black Eagle stainless in out or victory RIP in out stainless fit the best from what I have tried. Would never try the gold tip aluminum again even with the Kaos collar thing. Carbon express in out doesn't fit the shaft as nice as the other two.

Those inserts i mentioned will all be heavier than your target 25 grains. You could also go with an aluminum HIT and find an 8-32 thread socket screw at the hardware store the right length and screw that into the back of your insert with some thread lock to bring the weight from 16 grains standard up to 25 grains.

I have epoxied extra brass rod pieces to the back of regular and brass inserts for extra weight. Any machining shop should be able to get the diameter or turn a rod down to the size you need.