Slow down after winter storm?

BassAssassin04

Lil-Rokslider
I just got home from my 4th trip of Hunting mule deer in Montana. We have had a little dusting of snow and a couple nights below freezing in the past but this was the first year that we had lasting snow (8-10") and single digit temps. I assumed Mule deer would react the same as whitetails and move around more often in the cold. Once the temps started coming above freezing and the sun was out we seemed to be seeing many more deer. The moon was also crazy bright at night, so I'm sure that was hurting us as well.
I'm just wondering if its common to have a few slow days after a winter storm or if this was just a fluke.

WCB

WKR
? it just happens? Usually in general I see that with any animal...Cold snap everything starts moving, bunch of snow and cold movement right before and immediately after but as it warms up it slows down. Bucks wise is tough also...In general I have checked doe groups day after day with no buck or the same small bucks around. Then for no rhyme or reason every doe group has a bigger or more mature deer with it.

This time of the year bucks just show up which means in areas they were showing up they arent now...maybe the cold weather and snow caused them to push out of the areas you were hunting and some other guys hunting some other area all of a sudden had the bucks show up.