Slide Mountain - 2024 Season in Alaska - Back To Our Roots

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Made a mad dash this weekend to fill the freezer. A lot of times clients will give me some of the moose meat, this year my client had hungry mouths to feed which left my freezer barren. Reaching out to a good buddy had me airborne Saturday night for moose.

34363fe52d5a8b9c1683e51d2d99e48e.jpg

Sunday morning was cooooold with a thick layer of frost. Promising sign for moose movement, things were looking good. By mid morning I had a bull spotted roughly a mile and a half away. Keeping in mind I only had until Monday evening to wrap things up, I made a move to get closer.

Stalking in close, I knew where he was bedded and let out a few cow mews. He promptly stood up and walked in on a string.

3228ee083a4fce4070b0e5a7a5e79f56.jpg

Now things got spicy…I was solo with a bull down 1.5 miles away. Accepting my fate, I threw my rain gear on and got to work. Hearing about my questionable decision making skills, my brother flew out and dropped my oldest nephew to help. Not to be left out, my dad (who turned 68 today) insisted on getting dropped in as well. Things were looking up!

ae77ae9b13078862cbe1035a40944db0.jpg

With reinforcements, we got the bull packed out by Monday afternoon. A combined three Cub/Maule trips of meat, gear and bodies put us home late Monday night.

I’m blessed beyond what I deserve with my family and friends.

More to come, lots of ‘24 left 👍🏼