slick trick broadheads

trackboss

FNG
Being that a-tac broadheads (my favorite) are no longer made and trophy taker has been difficult to deal with I am looking for an alternative. One, of many, I am looking at is the slick trick vipertrick in 125. Does anyone know if they are made in USA or otherwise? I have looked at the packaging on another slick trick offering (they didn't stock vipertricks) at the bow shop and there was no indication of the country of manufacture anywhere which leads me to believe they are made in China.

TSAMP

WKR
Check out tooth of the arrow. Made in Minnesota i think. Similar to the slick trick but one solid piece

I've used SlickTrick Viper Trick 100s with great success on whitetails. They are the first 4 blade I could get to shoot the same as my field points out of my old Hoyt. They've been very sharp and durable and are indeed made in the USA.

Attachments

• slick trick.png
    slick trick.png
    232.6 KB · Views: 43

PMcGee

WKR
I killed an elk and several deer with the viper tricks. I’ve since went back to the Magnums because they were easier to get locally. Viper tricks aren’t a bad head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cusecat04

FNG
I picked some up 2 years ago(125s) and have been happy with flight and damage on 5 whitetail, still trying to put one through an elk.

Quality has gone down hill since they were bought out. They still work, and I killed a lot of animals with them in years past. However, I have moved on to other heads.

Slugz

WKR
Most use this broadhead for its out of the box sharpness.
There's a study someone on the inter web and they tested like 50 or so brands out of the box. Very scientifically done with I believe if I remember right cutting rubber bands with a very sensitive pressure scale attached to the heads. All the slick tricks were in the top 5.

TheTone

WKR
The discussion on the washer/blade issue is the only thing that has kept me from buying more. My wife currently uses them and I’ve considered switches to them myself just to cut down on the amount of different things we have. A couple years ago I was having some flight issues with my normal heads, I had a tuning issue, and yet I was still getting the viper tricks to shoot great

If I remember correctly, when slick tricks first came out, the blades were made in Germany. Not sure if that’s still the case.

Been using Slick Trick Magnums for 20+ years with excellent success on white tails!

Slugz

WKR
Yeah I've been lucky and the only washer issue Ive had is losing one those dang things if I get clumsy and one falls off.

Stave

Lil-Rokslider
Originally, there blades were made in Solingen, Germany. They were excellent. Now the website just says made in USA. they may or may not be as good as the originals. I can vouch for the originals and recommend stainless for longevity and reuse.

Wapiti1

WKR
I had some wonky washers that were not flat. Used ones from 100gr Wasp broadheads and those are better quality. I still have a bunch of Magnum 125's and until they are all lost, or destroyed, I'll keep slinging them. I haven't bought blades in a long time. The originals resharpen pretty easily.

When these die off, I'll shoot Wasp Drone 125 or may move to Sevr. We'll see.

Jeremy