Sleeping bag

Lukeduke13

Lil-Rokslider
I have a buddy that a bigger guy. He doesn’t like mummy bags. Does any know of a good down bag that isn’t a mummy bag?

Tried a Big Agnes type system with the integral pad? I don’t know if anyone else makes one. I love mine and I hate mummy’s too.

Check out the Stone Glacier Chilkoot bag. Have heard tons of good things about it for those who hate to sleep in mummy bags (aka, burrito bags). The 15 degree one will be my next sleep system upgrade.

Brushcreekbill

Lil-Rokslider
Check out the Stone Glacier Chilkoot bag. Have heard tons of good things about it for those who hate to sleep in mummy bags (aka, burrito bags). The 15 degree one will be my next sleep system upgrade.
That’s the direction I went and have been very happy with it
And I can’t stand mummy bags

wyosteve

WKR
I have a Western Mountaineering Bristlecone. Although cut somewhat like a mummy, it's for bigger guys so doesn't feel cramped.

WM Kodiak or Badger. Also know that any bags with more room can take more time to heat up when you get in them for the night.

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up two Sierra Designs - Back Country Beds -really like them.
Don't think its made anymore, but I see them from time to time.

Iggy

FNG
Just bought a Wiggys Super Light 0 degree. I’m 5’11” and bought the standard length so I hope it fits! Looking forward to trying it out this weekend at 7k elevation. Probably will only hit low 40’s but I’m sure it will be much better than my Walmart bag that I’ve used for years….

*zap*

WKR
wiggys long wide is plenty long but not very wide....I have used them for years and years. Great bag.

there are some good down bags from wm that are bigger as is the kifaru bag in long wide.

one thing you can do is unzip the bag and turn it with the zippers on both sides of you and the opposite side from the zipper hem on top and use it like a quilt...need a good warm pad, but you need that anyway.