sl5 stuff sack

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
We use a 10L Sea to Summit Dry bag. Holds the SL5, MLD duomid nest and stakes with some room to spare. Could probably get away with a bag of lower volume, but it is nice to have the extra space so as not to have to stuff it in super tight, especially on cold mornings when the tent is wet.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I used my original stuff sack for it for nearly two years until it finally came apart. Switched to the 10L Sea to Summit Becca mentioned above. My original SL3 stuff sack is going strong, but doesn't have nearly as many nights used in that one.

OP
fillthefreezer
i think i will try to pick up a 9/10L. i will use the one it came with with the nest for summer camping and scouting but for actual hunting season, nest is staying home.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
i think i will try to pick up a 9/10L. i will use the one it came with with the nest for summer camping and scouting but for actual hunting season, nest is staying home.

If leaving the nest at home the 10L will be too large. We put the SL-5 with a two person nest, plus 20 stakes in the 10L and its abour 60-70% full.

OP
fillthefreezer
If leaving the nest at home the 10L will be too large. We put the SL-5 with a two person nest, plus 20 stakes in the 10L and its abour 60-70% full.

awesome, i will go a little smaller then, what size would you say?

man i love the info, experience and knowledge available on this site

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you using smaller stuff sacks, how do you deal with the semi-rigid supports in the vents in the SL5?

OP
fillthefreezer
i was thinking of trying to find one that was only as tall as those and hopefully narrower. i talked to the people at golite and they said while it might not hurt to bend them they dont recommend it

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have never had a problem packing the vent supports. They are flexible, and can be reshape pretty easily by hand if they get a little bent. Granted we are using a larger stuff sack, but IMO it shouldnt make much difference.