sitka

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
Sitka...i ordered a downpour jacket back in March from an online retailer.I was told they would be here in June.Well
June came and they called and said August would be delivery date.well Aug is here and now i am told sitka won't delivery until after sept 15. I am very disappointed in both the retailer for not letting me know until i called and emailed them today .i wanted that jacket for my hunt in sept.any suggestions on a rain jacket too go along with my downpour pant.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I would order from Sitka Gear directly or Corey from Elk101.com. They would not let you flounder for so very long.

I kinda disagree on the direct dealer statement. I'm sure others have had different expirences but I had nothing but bad from sitka. They would never answer their phone would take a week to call you back. Emails were replied to quickly sometimes and a week or more another. I was waiting to order the new dewpoint directly from sitka becasue I got a good discount ordering from them. Well I had other items ready to order but after talking with the rep waited to order the dewpoint. Well When the release came they didnt offer my size, said all xl's went to retailer and they didnt make enough to sell for themselves, and everything I had been waiting to order went up 20% in price. I asked when they would be getting the dewpoint in XL and he said not till next years run. I was fed up with the waiting and poor customer service so I just ordered kuiu chugach and it got here it 4 days. Depending on your size high mountain outfitters was having a killer deal on the storm front lite. It was the ultralight rain gear before the dewpoint but doesnt have pit zips. The new cloudburst is heavy so considering weight I would just get the stormfront jacket, that is if the price doesnt kill you.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
All I know is when I order directly off the website, the drop down menu shows exactly what sizes are in stock. No surprises...

I called Sitka a while back to ask about some products and they actually referred me to KUIU.