Sitka Turkey Vest

Kade206

FNG
My buddy has this vest and loves it. It can mount a bow to the backpack portion so when we're hiking out he's hands free. Haven't tried to mount a shotgun on it yet but we will this season. I didn't like the placement of pockets for me and also we both found it added heat and changed our layering which isn't terrible in the NW but not great in warmer climates.

I've been trying to find an alternative that is more useful and not so singularly focused. I've been looking at a lot of upland vests like final rise or marsupial gear or wing works. Talk about expensive, those are $350-$400. I've had a real hard time biting that bullet but at least it would work for all manner of hunts beside turkey like pheasant, quail, chukar.

I like the chest rig idea as well. Marsupial gear put out a video talking about using their fishing chest pack and that looks about right. Would need to try shooting with one on to check but carry a small fanny or backpack for water and layers and that's right close. Just need to carry out a turkey somehow and I'm thinking about a peregrine game bag (https://www.wildhareshootinggear.com/peregrine-field-gear-long-beard-turkey-hammock.aspx) to round out the setup.

Piecing it together, It would be pretty multipurpose so the cost is more justifiable.