SITKA Turkey gear

brosko

FNG
I got a chance to use the Equinox Guard Hoody and Pant last spring bear season. If you hate ticks you’ll love these pieces.

The built-in gaiter keeps them from crawling up the pant leg and the insect shield works really well. I wore them all spring and didn’t have a tick on me. Normally it’s at least a dozen per day.

….and there are vents!!

440605f849c7cd86660cc1a3570a04f8.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
looks good did it work

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Used the pants and hoody for an alpine deer hunt on Kodiak earlier in the month. Perfect. This will be my early season elk go to in the future as well. My only negative is the pants should have the integrated knee pads. Once you are used to them you really miss them when they are not there.

PAPublic

FNG
Just note on sizing because I know I’m always trying to figure out sizing differences for different pieces/brands. The eq guard gloves fit a lot looser than some other Sitka gloves like the Traverse. I wear a XL in Traverse and large in eq guard. The top fits real loose because expedition fit for layering on top. I wanted to wear more as a base so the large fits nice but I wear XL in all other Sitka tops. The pants fit like the Traverse pants to me. More of an average straight leg cut unlike the Ascents or Apex. I wear 38 in all Sitka pants with room for a layer or two and these fit the same.

bigdrumnc

FNG
I just got my Sitka turkey vest. Very high quality and well laid out. For those that used it last year, how did you like the hydration bladder? What color did you choose? My Walmart only has ones with a clear hose. Does this matter? My gut tells me to order a green or black one. Thanks!

I just got my Sitka turkey vest. Very high quality and well laid out. For those that used it last year, how did you like the hydration bladder? What color did you choose? My Walmart only has ones with a clear hose. Does this matter? My gut tells me to order a green or black one. Thanks!

I took the bladder out of an older Camelback that has a brown neoprene cover over the hose. I’m with you on the clear tube, I’m not sure if it would shine, but I’m super cautious with turkeys and their eyesight.

Here’s the hose that I have. You can buy it for $30 on Camelback’s website - maybe even cheaper on Amazon and can modify it to fit any bladder with a 1/4 or 3/8 barb. The on/off valve and bite end cover make it worth it to me - no leaks at all and super high quality. It has a quick disconnect for the bite end as well so you can clear the hose it ever gets debris in there. Good luck!

FC89D52E-81F8-4259-B886-F71084D6ABFD.jpeg

Shane802

FNG
I’m looking at buying this vest for the upcoming season, for the people using this would you recommend it?

Pants look to be the same material as the apex pant? Could be a good bow hunting option as well if they aren’t planning to update the apex line any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How does the Equinox outer material hold up to briars?

I have other Sitka gear I use for Bowhunting where I purposely avoid most briars, and all my gear looks like they have whiskers, where the inner fibers snag and pull to the outside. Kind of disappointing paying good money and having to purposely avoid briars and still have thread pulled damage on the stuff. Couldn't imagine what it would look like if I didn't purposely avoid most briars and like?

As with Turkey hunting, no way I could avoid most briars like bowhunting, and if the outer shell is the same, I'd have them shredded in a Season. The Sitka gear I know, does not hold up well to snagging, as the material induces snagging due to the material make up, but not sue about Equinox?

Fowl Play

WKR
Like the call storage and magnetic closure features.... still have never found the perfect vest for me for all situations. So far the closest that comes to it for me is this Outdoor Vision chest pack. https://outdoorvisiongear.com/products/turkey-pro-i

When I hunt in Florida, I'm using a turkey lounger and it's HOT... any extra material I am taking it off... which get's annoying. The OV pack is perfect for this. Then when I'm run and gunning out west, the OV plus a small daypack for water, etc. is great. Love being able to have binos in typical bino harness location. OV says they were going to adapt the chest pack to have a flip down seat pad that would clip into the chest harness. That would be perfect... if there was also a water bottle storage location.

borden811

FNG
I’ve had the RNG 200 and 300. For me they both sucked big time, compared to the Sitka vest. Not even close. The comfort and adjustability of the sitka vest are second to none. And the seat setup is the best I’ve seen in a turkey vest. This is all coming from someone that is/was never a fan of sitka. It’s the only piece I own, and I love it. I went with the plain brown, and also have a tan sleeve for the water bladder. I like mine, a lot.