SITKA Turkey gear

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Got this Friday from SITKA

Equinox system are pieces designed to reduce bites from various infectious insects common in the spring turkey and even early season Whitemail. Video explains the tech

There is a Hoody, Pant, Glove

They also are offering a vest with additional features for “run-n-gun” turkey hunting like a drop down seat, pack-like suspension, and smart accessory organization

Everything should be live at this link.

www.sitkagear.com/turkey.

If anyone buys any, please chime in once you get some use on it, we’d love to hear Member’s thoughts on it.

dtrkyman

WKR
I noticed it finally showed up on the website, have you found any videos on the vest?

Wonder how long the insect treatment lasts, I treat all my turkey clothing twice a spring with Permethrin.

dtrkyman

WKR
Funny the video is on youtube not their site, probably will be I would assume.

I like the lay out, not sure if it enough of an improvement over my rng200 for the money though?

Interested to see where they go in the next few years with more turkey gear!

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Always lots of cool stuff when Sitka goes into a new segment. Love that all the pieces have the Polygene and Permethrin built in. Slick seat setup and layout on the vest. Should be able to clip a decoy bag on the strap points pretty easy.

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got a chance to use the Equinox Guard Hoody and Pant last spring bear season. If you hate ticks you’ll love these pieces.

The built-in gaiter keeps them from crawling up the pant leg and the insect shield works really well. I wore them all spring and didn’t have a tick on me. Normally it’s at least a dozen per day.

….and there are vents!!

440605f849c7cd86660cc1a3570a04f8.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMM

WKR
Funny the video is on youtube not their site, probably will be I would assume.

I like the lay out, not sure if it enough of an improvement over my rng200 for the money though?

Interested to see where they go in the next few years with more turkey gear!
$250 for a vest is asinine, I use the rng200 as well and its the best turkey vest on the market for running and gunning in my opinion.

Pants look to be the same material as the apex pant? Could be a good bow hunting option as well if they aren’t planning to update the apex line any time soon.

MJB

WKR
$250 That's about right for a vest from Sitka

Maybe some will show up for sale after the season.

TheACGuy

FNG
I’d love to be able to “justify” buying it.. but here in NJ, turkey season just isn’t long enough for me to warrant the gear. I do just fine in my 3D leaf camo with some tick spray. I already spent enough money on Sitka whitetail gear lol.

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
$250 That's about right for a vest from Sitka

Maybe some will show up for sale after the season.

I’m not an expert in what a turkey vest consists of but this is more than a vest. It’s basically a backpack with a modified harness for calls and such. The design seems solid and very utilitarian. I can see the turkey hunters who use one falling in love with it.

tk44

FNG
Classified Approved
I’m not an expert in what a turkey vest consists of but this is more than a vest. It’s basically a backpack with a modified harness for calls and such. The design seems solid and very utilitarian. I can see the turkey hunters who use one falling in love with it.

I've been using the RNG 200 turkey vest for a few seasons which has all of those features, including the magnetic pockets. It is less than half the price and is very solid. It may even be on amazon for cheaper. Of course, it doesn't come in the IG worthy sub alpine colors.

dtrkyman

WKR
I have the RNG 200 as well, not quite the features of the Sitka but a nice light weight vest. Only one magnetic pocket on mine though. I got mine on closeout for 38 bux.

I have heard that Knight and Hale is out of business? Maybe you can still find a vest?

Seems like a sleek system, just a little pricey compared to similar options. Would be really interested to hear opinions after a full turkey season.