SITKA Mountain EVO jacket, Review **Updated 9/20/23**

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Just got home from AZ otc deer and NM Barbary sheep. It is windy as hell right now in southern NM and the Evo was perfect for 35-50 degrees and 25-35 winds.

Pramo

WKR
That's a great deal, it really is a good jacket. I sweat a ton and get cold from the wind so it was a perfect piece for active hunting. Most of my elk season was a base layer t-shirt and evo when hiking in the dark, it was perfect to get the cold wind off me and still breath. Then when I'm not running around throw on a puffy type layer and I'm good

Swamppirate

Lil-Rokslider
Big Sitka fan here and have a ton of their stuff, but a great jacket for blocking the wind is the Marmot Infinium ROM. Just a Sitka alternative.

I wore mine every day on a 12 day Dall hunt last year and loved it. Highly versatile and I rarely took it off. Only thing I noticed after so much constant wear is that it developed a very slight plastic smell when it got super wet

Blandry

WKR
I just picked one of these up on the season-end deals (which I typically do at 50% off for sitka stuff), which is still in effect btw if anyone is interested. Regarding sizing.. it is a super athletic fit, so I sized up to the XXL at 6' 220, but typically lose about 20 lbs in the summer. I'm still glad I got the XXL. It's perfect imo. It's going to be great paired with the ambient jacket underneath.