Sitka Kelvin Lite Down Jacket and Pant Review, By Tony Trietch

KSBackCountryHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Is the sizing a little bigger feeling than the kelvin lite hoody? I’m 5’9 155# - wear a medium in base layers but a large in the jetstream (which is athletic fit) - I’ve tried on the kelvin hoody and actually preferred the large - is the jacket similar in size or is there a little more room? Trying to decide between a medium and large. Thanks

M1KL83

FNG
Is the sizing a little bigger feeling than the kelvin lite hoody? I’m 5’9 155# - wear a medium in base layers but a large in the jetstream (which is athletic fit) - I’ve tried on the kelvin hoody and actually preferred the large - is the jacket similar in size or is there a little more room? Trying to decide between a medium and large. Thanks
Although I don't have the regular KLH, I can tell you how the Large Kelvin Lite Down jacket fits my frame. It feels like it was tailored for me. Fitted where it should be but enough breathing room to wear base layers and fleece like heavy weight hoody underneath. I threw on the Kelvin Active Jacket in a size Large Tall underneath the Kelvin Lite Down just to see how it felt and it is great. I'm 5'10" 190lbs with a 45" chest, 34-36" waist, broad shoulders and 35.5" arm length. I can slip my XL Jetstream on over top of the Kelvin Lite Down perfectly. My guess is that it would be tight to put a Large Jetstream over top a Large Kelvin Lite Down but I can't say that for certain. Another guess here but I do think the Lite Down may be cut a tad larger than the regular Kelvin Lite. Hopefully another reader can confirm? Good luck, it's a beauty piece of kit! I'd call Sitka to ask their recommendation but my feeling is they will suggest a Medium for your size stats. Cheers

etapia

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the exact same boat. Anyone else have any first hand feedback on sizing? For the life of me I cannot find one of these in person to try on.

KSBackCountryHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the exact same boat. Anyone else have any first hand feedback on sizing? For the life of me I cannot find one of these in person to try on.
I ended up getting the large and I like it! Figured I would try the large and if it was huge just return for medium but it fit under a large jetstream well. There’s plenty of room to layer underneath but sleeve length and jacket length were great. I still wonder how the medium would fit but from how the large feels I think it would have been a bit snug going with a medium

clint6760

FNG
I wear a medium in all Sitka gear except the jetstream is a large. I bought the new hoody in a medium and it seems perfect. Jetstream fits over it easy and definitely room underneath for a couple of layers

TN731

FNG
I bought a large in the kelvin lite last year. Large is typically what I wear. The length was good, but the arms and forearms were too tight. I returned and have yet to replace. It sounds like the new jacket is the same?

tracker12

WKR
Very interested in this piece for under my Jetstream. Like most people its hard to judge size. I have an XL in the JS.

I bought a large in the kelvin lite last year. Large is typically what I wear. The length was good, but the arms and forearms were too tight. I returned and have yet to replace. It sounds like the new jacket is the same?

This was my exact same experience with Kelvin Lite. And the XL was to big in body. I guess Sitka doesn't fit my body type well.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Just getting back home and back to life out of the mountains. The large fits me like it was tailored to me and there is more room in the forearms than the Kelvin hoody.
I think the sizing is very much like previous jackets, I am 5'11", 180lbs, 34 waist and long arms.

Marty

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up this jacket after a couple years of using the Kuiu Super Down Pro jacket. I've found that the Kuiu was a bit lighter and compacted small however the Sitka was a bit warmer (in both insulation and small features that help trap the heat from escaping).

Last edited:
I picked up this jacket after a couple years of using the Kuiu Super Down Pro jackt. I've found that the Kuiu was a bit lighter and compacted small however the Sitka was a bit warmer (in both insulation and small features that help trap the heat from escaping).
Wow this is actually great feedback. If the Sitka Kevin Down is a hair warmer then the KUIU Superdown Pro that’s amazing since the KUIU SD Pro has 31 grams more is insulation.

M1KL83

FNG
Wow this is actually great feedback. If the Sitka Kevin Down is a hair warmer then the KUIU Superdown Pro that’s amazing since the KUIU SD Pro has 31 grams more is insulation.
Although I don't have experience with the Kuiu SD Pro, I will say the Kelvin Lite Down is plenty warm for mid season and has found its place in layering for late season. Still very pleased with it and no buyers remorse here.

Still can’t decide between the lite down and the ws model. Does anyone have a temp range for these two jackets and how the lite down does with the wind?

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Still can’t decide between the lite down and the ws model. Does anyone have a temp range for these two jackets and how the lite down does with the wind?

Those two are completely different jackets. The WS is a sleeping bag with arms and the lite is typically puffy temp range. I wear the Lite down to freezing temps snd the WS below freezing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk