Sitka Elevated II Pattern for Stand Hunting?

I don’t think the pattern matters much at all but the EVll is whitetail specific. IMO Sitka’s whitetail line has it figured out when it comes to pocket placement and sound for bow hunting. Most of my stuff is EVII because of the rangefinder pocket and hand muffs

I don't own any Sitka yet. But I what people like for camo has nothing to do with what actually works. Deer see completely differently then people, Not only colors but how the eyes focus and see. They are prey animal so they pick up movement and have a huge field of view but can't focus as well, that is why they really start you down and even move their head around when doing it. With that said I think Movement, Scent, and noise matter a lot more than the camo you are wearing.

thechad

FNG
This was my first season with my Fanatic jacket, and loved it. As others have said, I am not sure the actual pattern matters much but I loved the pocket placements and how warm it is without feeling overly bulky.

Zonk44

FNG
I think both will do the job. With that being said making sure you are breaking up your outline is the best thing you can do to hide from deer.

Matt G.

WKR
I use the sitka in both patterns. I don't use for the pattern but for technical performance. Movement is your enemy not the pattern.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Robertsj22

Lil-Rokslider
Personally I think it’s garbage. Only time that pattern doesn’t look out of place is late season. Great technical clothing but shit camo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjwise97

FNG
I don’t think it matters, I got Sitka for the clothing itself, but I went with subalpine because where I’m at in NC there’s a lot of green even into December, and that pattern will work better when I finally burn my Wyoming preference points and if I want to wear it while duck hunting.

I also have a First Lite jacket in Fusion and as far as camo goes I think that one is more versatile than any pattern Sitka offers.

I’ve had good results with the EV2 pattern. It’s shines late season and on bare trees, I’ve had deer look straight through me in close quarters. It’s not my favorite looking pattern to my eye but that’s irrelevant to me if it works.

ElGreco

FNG
I switched to EV2 this year... got rid of all of my other stuff... If you hunt the cold fanatic set is a must. But overall im very happy. Personally deer dont care what pattern ive been in the stand in shorts and a tshirt this year early season

It doesn't matter. I know guys who kill pigs with both (and some with Wally world camo). That being said, who doesn't like to feel a little gucci in the trees.

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
I have both patterns and use EVII when the trees are bare. SubAlpine when the leaves are still on the trees. When it gets cold or really cold I love my EVII. Definitely keeps me warm.

rootacres

WKR
I think successful whitetail hunting from a stand has more to do with minimal movement and strategic movement by understanding/reading deer. That said, I have rocked EII for about 10 years, mostly because the Stratus wind stopper membrane cuts wind better than anything on the market. . period. Would I feel at a disadvantage with another pattern? I don't think so. Id probably avoid dark solids but most camo patterns are probably pretty decent.