Sitka Elevated II Pattern for Stand Hunting?

Crazy Coot

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you that have used Sitka's Elevated II pattern while hunting whitetails from a stand, how effective has it been for you? Are you satisfied with it or would you recommend the Subalpine more than EV II?

Sitka seems to think EVII is perfect for tree stand hunting, as they don't offer a different pattern in the Whitetail outerwear system. I don't think you can go wrong with EVII or Subalpine for stand hunting, though.

I wear FL Fusion throughout the season, but do wear my Sitka Fanatic in EVII for late season.

hiker270

WKR
I wear my Sitka Jetstream Subalpine Jacket on occasion in the stand and have no real issues. Always liked predator camo because it is more of an open pattern. I personally feel it's movement and stand placement that allow your outline to be seen. That being said the wind will give you away quicker than any camo.

Yoder

WKR
I used to worry about camo patterns. After seeing Dan Infalt kill a pile of giant bucks wearing regular clothes I don't think it matters that much.

I dont think it matters, but I generally wear subalpine early in the season while leaves are on trees and EV2 later in the season. I do this because the lighter weight stuff is used for big game and turkey as well. And the warmer stuff is only offered in ev2. I havent noticed any issues with deer seeing me in either except that if you dont sit still it doesnt matter what pattern you are wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think it matters much, especially when elevated in a stand, but I do use it just because that was the pattern on sale. Can I say that it works better than other patterns? No.

I also have a Midweight Zip T in Wetland pattern that blends really well once the leaves are dead and also works well in sage brush out west.

Brendan

WKR
Early season, subalpine is much better in terms of blending in, but with all the cover it doesn't matter as much. But late season, EV2 is MUCH MUCH better.

We have some cracked out whitetails that walk around looking up in trees for hunters, so I do think it matters here in certain scenarios especially when the trees are bare with no leaves and you're trying to blend in with bark, branches, and amounts of backlighting.

I used to be a huge EV2 hater before I used it. I thought it had too much white in it and stuck out. I feel like I need to reply since I was so negative about it and wrong.

I have tried everything and just wasn’t satisfied. I get the discount from Sitka so I went ahead and tried it. I had encounters with three mature bucks this year within 10 yards and two of them looked right at me and it worked great. It’s by far my favorite gear for whitetails now by far. I have had at least 50 deer under me and have had no issues at all.

I wore it from early season in KY to late season now and it’s been great. Early season it was just fine. There’s so much foliage it really doesn’t matter then as much anyway imo.

Listened to a podcast https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/wired-to-hunt-podcast/id852332047?i=1000564943335

from a new study on deer vision by Dr Bradley Cohen and I honestly think the Sitka pattern is as good or better than most patterns.

Check out The Camo Matrix website or YouTube channel. He has visual layout based on the deer vision study I mentioned. Probably not 100% but gives you better idea how deer see.

WoodBow

WKR
It does not matter. Either one will work very well if you don't let them see you moving. I have worn a wide a array of camo in treestands and it all performs exactly the same. Choosing trees that provide some level of cover is far more important.

Thunt22

FNG
Classified Approved
Mid to late season when the leaves are down it seems to be perfect. I wear mine mostly for the warmth factor compared to the pattern but all in I think the camo helps you get away with a little more movement

RR2012

Lil-Rokslider
As stated before I have both patterns and believe either work fine. Late season stand hunting in Illinois I do lean towards the EV ll.

It does not matter. Either one will work very well if you don't let them see you moving. I have worn a wide an array of camo in treestands and it all performs exactly the same. Choosing trees that provide some level of cover is far more important.
I agree on movement and also on tree selection finding natural cover. I hunt an oak flat rut funnel that’s pretty wide open. I took some fake branches and leaves and zip tied them to my play form and by my head. Made a big difference. I think some camo does better than other depending on the background but I believe the best advice is find the gear you like the best for functionality and warmth and don’t worry about the pattern.

TundraDude97

Lil-Rokslider
I wore Subalpine for early season and Elevated once the leaves start to drop. I have definitely been kicked off more wearing subalpine early season than what I have wearing Elevated two so I'm a believer.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Movement is your enemy, for me the camo pattern really doesn't matter. might be nice for the fashion show around camp though.

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
I used to worry about camo patterns. After seeing Dan Infalt kill a pile of giant bucks wearing regular clothes I don't think it matters that much.
I pretty much always wear a camo shirt/jacket, and either go brown hiking pants or camo depending on temp and if I’m moving or sitting.

Then I put 500 square inches of orange over all of it. They probably don’t care, and the orange negates a good chunk of it, but I guess I do feel more confident at least pretending to blend in.

I havent noticed any issues with deer seeing me in either except that if you dont sit still it doesnt matter what pattern you are wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tend to see more deer after a stretch my legs and they take off than any other scenario lol.

FLS

WKR
It does not matter. Get whatever pattern and fabric that helps keep you in the stand longer, sitting still and being quiet.

As good as s as any.Your paying more for the fabric,membrane and quality more with Sitka i think.
Pattern wise its no better than mossy oak or real tree.

Sitka to me first is the quality of gear.

‘’big thing is how deer see vs us. We like camo on how we see or don’t see it. But animals are a little different. The R&D some put in aren’t worthless $ spent.
early season I love sub alpine, then when it cools I goto my other gear that is EV2.

I have the fanatic hoodie and stratus system in EV2. It flat out works. Anyone archery hunting knows it’s really scent and movement. I’ve killed a Lot of deer in solid colors and orange vest and hat rifle hunting, but archery stand hunting it works very well.

You can’t go wrong with it. I used to hate the way it looked but I can say the deer haven’t noticed me Unless I mess up.

For comparison I do have FL Spectre and Kuiu Valo that work very well also.
ground hunting I try to use Sub alpine and/or Kuiu Valo