Sitka drama??

Jmort1754

WKR
Pretty sure Sitka is going to go direct to consumer, and if you pay attention it looks like they are undercutting their dealers on the website.

Johnboy11

FNG
Anyone else catch euro optics email? They’re dumping sitka for good, because of their values? 30% off everything sitka on EuroOptics.com

853a2d0fb68597455bb20b7bfb1c2f1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the heads up. I Was wanting to pick up an ambient jacket. This made it an easier pill to swallow

summs

Lil-Rokslider
Meh, Sitka gives discounts to everyone and their mother anywhere from 40% off to 65% off…

Their wholesale is much lower than 30%. eurooptic is certainly not going to miss making an profit and sell at cost
I nor anyone I know has ever paid full price for any sitka. 30% off is their minimum, or 'normal price'. They do make good gear, but it's not special. polyester, goretex, wool, they didn't invent anything new.

OP
Bojangles21
I mean. It's not drama. If you want drama, wait until @Troy Sessions comes up with a better product than sitka and gets a patent for it.

God y’all are way too literal. It was simply a question if anyone knew why this was happening lol I hardly own any sitka. Just a curious question.

I commented on the FB thread of this post in Sitka Gear Fanatics. As a marketing guy, my "hypothesis" is they're going consumer direct... Why wouldn't they to be honest? More margins, customers are accustomed to the higher prices, less people taking their share on the way to a customer, etc... That's why they're building their own brick and mortar stores so people have a place to try and buy still while they can hold the margins they want. Smart move probably.

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
I can get anything Sitka anytime at 40% off if it's in stock. I buy one or two items a year and many times for the wife, who loves their solids for casual wear. The 30% discounts most vendors run, as noted by several of you, is just not incentive enough for most people because you can almost always find that discount somewhere if you try.

For Eurooptic or any other vendor to drop Sitka and offer only 30%... no. I'll jump in when it's 50% and get a couple extra things which I already have and don't need more of :) I started replacing/upgrading all of my hunting clothing about six years ago and went in on Sitka. Always liked the fit and finish despite the pricing and most of all, it was the one higher-end hunting line that I could actually put my hands on... not Kuiu, not X or Y or Z but via BassPro shops and a local major distributor, I could touch and wear the stuff. That was a HUGE factor in choosing to re-kit in Sitka.

Had Forloh been available in the same way, I just might have chosen them. I've not really handled it much outside of a trade show setting so limited first hand knowledge and never tried on any of their pieces. Pricing wise, you're in the same boat with any 'boutique' gear. If Sitka moves to direct consumer and via regional brick and mortar stores, more power to them but hands-on is the best selling strategy so who knows how it will work out.

Just like gasoline or food prices, the vendors have you paying X for a product and you've been acclimated to that price point. All the major players are within a margin of error on similar layering pieces already. Why would they, without major market or regulatory forces, suddenly start charging X-minus dollars just to spite themselves and loose more money to move a few more products than the next guy?

It isn't price fixing but in a way, it's price fixing; but only if you want to buy into a higher end, better quality product. It is still consumer choice, no one is making you buy it/pay for it and despite what so many younger people think today, "you" are not entited to anything you have not worked for or earned on actual merit.

Sinistram

FNG
Not sure what the deal is, but it's for sure to do with money or margin. I love EuroOptic and have been a customer for more than 20 years, but 30% ain't cutting it for a liquidation sale. I also love the few pieces of Sitka gear I have. It really is made to a high standard. I'll be interested to see some additional details on the situation.

Durran87

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t believe anyone pays full price for Sitka so I do feel bad for the dealers that serve as a try-on store. Everyone is sharing 40% off codes which is still better than these clearance prices. I have nothing but good things to say about Eurooptic based on previous experiences. Sitka may force these companies to buy large lots of these clothes. Even still the vendor markup must be substantial based on other clearance prices I’ve bought Sitka at from Sportsman’s and North40?

I can’t believe anyone pays full price for Sitka so I do feel bad for the dealers that serve as a try-on store. Everyone is sharing 40% off codes which is still better than these clearance prices. I have nothing but good things to say about Eurooptic based on previous experiences. Sitka may force these companies to buy large lots of these clothes. Even still the vendor markup must be substantial based on other clearance prices I’ve bought Sitka at from Sportsman’s and North40?

Man anyone hit me up with that 40% off code lol!

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
^^^^ the codes are only offered...usually... late fall and late spring and are only viable for a short time frame, like 10 to 14 days or so then they expire. Ebay is still one of the easiest ways to pick up a specific piece at a discount but you have to spend a lot of time watching for the right piece then hoping to win at a good price. It can be done and I've picked up some stuff there over the years and was the place I bought my first few Sitka pieces. Honestly, I've bought several items from guys here and got more than fair deals on like-new items. Sometimes it takes patience and persistence.