Sissy stix trekking pole?

92xj

WKR
I’d like to know more about the peax brand/company. I believe they are the ones selling the sissy sticks and some gaiters. Looks like they’ve supplied all the YouTube hero’s with each and are relying on that for marketing? I doubt their products are USA made, I’d love to be wrong though.

Last edited:
I’d like to know more about the peax brand/company. I believe they are the ones selling the sissy sticks and some gaiters. Looks like they’ve supplied all the YouTube hero’s which each and are relying on that for marketing? I doubt their products are USA made, I’d love to be wrong though.
I have sissy stix, they are made in china unfortunately

TX_Diver

WKR
The S&S ones might be? Not sure if it includes all components? Can try to check mine this week

Edit - Nothing mentioned on their website so I'm assuming they are not USA made.

Last edited:
Generally anything the uses adhesive, or resin has to be made over seas because of the pollution.
That why you can't buy any good waterproofing and that sort of thing US any more.
Solar panels and all the like are over seas.

Ralphie

WKR
You can’t expect them to walk around hunting in 80+ degree weather on dry ground without gaiters. How the crap will we know they are badass hunters?
I’d like to know more about the peax brand/company. I believe they are the ones selling the sissy sticks and some gaiters. Looks like they’ve supplied all the YouTube hero’s with each and are relying on that for marketing? I doubt their products are USA made, I’d love to be wrong though

TheTone

WKR
People pretty easily found the Peax headlamp with other names on it; I’d say it’s very reasonable to assume they don’t make anything they just have manufacturers put their name on stuff. The amount of influencer marketing they do, especially with gritty, is reason enough for me to look at other companies

I started using ski poles..they are made.....when a skier wipes out and loses them on the mountain....then I find them during summer 3-D shoots. Super cheap and I don't feel bad if I break one...AND if come down to it I can leave em on the mountain for some who really needs them.😁

RCL

WKR
Been using Black Diamond for years.
Mine have tolerated a lot of abuse.

Fullfan

WKR
Walmart 15.00 pr worked well for me, only used them the year I had a knee replaced.

87TT

WKR
Costco Cascades for me the last four years. Only use them when packing meat though.

Seeknelk

WKR
My black diamond aluminums finally both broke and the cork was shot and chunking apart. Sweat eats the cork. Had used em a lot and hard, bent one, before the breaking.
So I grabbed the sissy Stix Elites last fall after the BDd died. So far I love them, positive locks that actually don't collapse with my fat ass falling on them , so far, but just one season on em so far. I do like that they collapse a bit shorter than my BDs do so they don't snag stuff when on my pack as easily.
Anyway, I'd recommend SS so far. My buddies Costco carbon ones certainly worked but they were noticably louder in use. Sort of a rattle, and they were pretty new, just the way they r made i suppose.

sivart

WKR
I have a pair of the sissy sticks. A little disappointed. They want to slip once I get the height adjusted. Still playing with them

Medusa7MM

WKR
Costco Cascades for me the last four years. Only use them when packing meat though.
Same here, solid and definitely at the right price. I’ve used these last four years hunting and training months prior to opening seasons zero issues.

ewade07

WKR
Ive been using a pair of Atlas poles religiously that i got with some snowshoes for over a decade. Theyre beat to shit and a little bent but have never failed me. Screw carbon, theyll just snap. get yourself a cheaper pair of aluminum poles and dont look back.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've had a set of the Costco poles. Good poles for the price but definitely the noisiest set of poles I've used. I'm back to using my old set of REI aluminum poles made by Komperdell. Much quieter than the Costco's.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The_Jim

Lil-Rokslider
I tried a set of sissy stix for my wife after hearing Brian Call have wet dreams about them. They're fine but I have a pair of rei poles I bought used for like $25 on ebay that I prefer over the sissy stix. One of them is broke(I let a buddy use one of them and he managed to not know how to adjust a trekking pole:rolleyes:) I personally would save money on the poles and buy a cheaper pair.