single shot vs mag

I've seen some pellet guns that are single shot and have 10 round mags. Im too lazy to reload for every shot so im leaning toward 10 rd mag. But some people balk about how pellet guns with mags have worse accuracy. Is it because the gun mechanism warps the pellets??? Any thoughts??

Wapiti1

WKR
I've never heard that the repeaters have worse accuracy. If you get pellets that fit the bore, they will shoot extremely well. The break actions, like Gamo, with a mag can have some issues, but that is again all about pellet fit. All air rifles that I have messed with liked certain pellets, and not others. But when you found one they liked, one hole at 50 yards is not abnormal.

The biggest issue is learning to shoot a springer verse PCP. Air Arms, RWS and Weihrauch make springers that are just too nice to not want to shoot. Single shot or not they are great fun.

Jeremy

JRS3

Lil-Rokslider
Following this.

I need a pellet gun for the house. I have Bass Pro/Cabela points so will probably just burn them on this. I looked at them the other day but had no real preference on which one to get. I would spend $250-300 on the rifle. I like the idea of a .22 caliber but a .177 would be fine to. I want it to be accurate and quiet as practical. I’m open to suggestions but keep it to the rifles I can get from BP.

samsut93

FNG
I have an Artemis M11 rifle. It carries a 10rd mag and it shoots way better than I do. I routinely nock starling and squirrels out of a tree 77yds from the kitchen window. Plenty of power and more than accurate