Silver Scope Options?

Crusader

WKR
Hey guys, I'm looking for a variable big game scope with a top end in the range of 12-15x, like 2-12, 4.5-14, 5-15, or so, in a silver finish. Budget limit is about $400; any recommendations for a best buy?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

Leupold makes or used to make some with silver finish. I had 2 silver vx3s at one point. Currently, my stainless rifles just wear black scopes, and I don't see that changing.

Kal-Elk

Lil-Rokslider
Personally, I've always been bothered by how different the finishes in silver scopes and stainless steel actions/barrels are. The fact that the match is never perfect seems to annoy me more than if they were just two different colors. I've got two builds going right now where the rings are cerakoted along with the action/barrel to match each other, which I think is the best compromise as far as looks.

That being said, I don't think Leupold makes anymore scopes in silver, so your best bet would be to find a used one off eBay. I've seen them go in your price range. Aside from that, the only new scopes I've seen in silver have been cheap, noname chinese imports.

OP
Crusader

Crusader

WKR
Personally, I've always been bothered by how different the finishes in silver scopes and stainless steel actions/barrels are. The fact that the match is never perfect seems to annoy me more than if they were just two different colors. I've got two builds going right now where the rings are cerakoted along with the action/barrel to match each other, which I think is the best compromise as far as looks.

That being said, I don't think Leupold makes anymore scopes in silver, so your best bet would be to find a used one off eBay. I've seen them go in your price range. Aside from that, the only new scopes I've seen in silver have been cheap, noname chinese imports.
Thanks for the input; it echoes what I've seen/found, that the only silver scopes new are the cheap junk. I'm asking for a friend and he actually is a big Leupold guy anyway, so I'll recommend he look for a used one or just go to a matte black finish if the Leupold is too pricey.