Silencer Shop transfer fees

I finally certified today. Chose a local “Gold” silence shop dealer in Albuquerque (BMC). None of the employees had the same answers about fees. I paid in full for an OCL can and trust and they charged me $30 to do the fingerprints. I stated that I didn’t feel I should pay anything per the silencer shop sales pitch, but they insisted. I clarified that I would NEVER be charged another fee for using them through silencer shop. Yep they said.

Once the can came in, they wanted $40 again to certify. The guy was adamant and said I was wrong. I called SS to complain and their dealer rep reached out to the owner. He called me and offered a refund, saying he would educate his staff.

My feeling is that shady dealers take the checks from SS and try to double dip by hitting up buyers that don’t know better.

Silencer central and Silencer shop’s ONLY advantage was the first mover knowledge of form 4 submittal. Now that every LGS knows how to submit their advantage is vaporizing. Not sure I’ll ever use either again. Most shops charge $75 to transfer a can from another dealer and give you a better price than the big online tech bro companies.

waspocrew

WKR
If you buy the can from SS and choose one of the dealers, you do NOT pay any additional fees. If the dealers insists, call SS and get it straight from them.

With my last can I bought through SS, I chose one of the local dealers in my area. When I went to pick up the can, the guy said "did you pay your $150 transfer fee yet?". I replied "Uh, no. This was purchased through silencershop, there are no transfer fees." He looked at the paper work again and finally agreed I didn't owe anything.

and.kimbo

FNG
It's a tough position for the dealers to be in. They need SS for traffic but SS significantly cuts into margins, so some dealers resort to dishonesty to survive. Shame on those dealers, but SS is not innocent.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve bought 3 in the last few months from my local store. They were in stock in his store. Used the kiosk for fingerprints and processing. No fees at all. Just price of suppressor and stamp. Hell he even cuts deals on all 3 between $200-300 each on a very high end brand. I think y’all that are getting fees charged are getting hosed.

maxx075

Lil-Rokslider
Got a deal on a Hybrid 46m through the state police/dnr of the state I was born in, but had it transfered to a dealer in UT where I currently live and just paid a $50 transfer fee.

It's really all dealer dependent.