Silencer recommendation for whitetail hunting

SpikeElk

FNG
I run a Dead Air Nomad Ti with a E brake and have had zero issues. Use it on my 6creed to my 300 Win.
Any regrets on not going with the Nomad LT? I can’t decide between the two and would prefer the smaller lighter Nomad TI if there is not a substantial difference in sound and recoil reduction.

DosAmigos

FNG
Any regrets on not going with the Nomad LT? I can’t decide between the two and would prefer the smaller lighter Nomad TI if there is not a substantial difference in sound and recoil reduction.
No regrets. weight and length were the deciding factor for me so I went with the Nomad Ti.

My 13 year old shooting a doe with 6.5 CM Tikka UPR with Banish Backcountry. Might not be the quietest but it’s short and light.

WKR
My impression in going from a nomad lt to an enticer sti (similar to nomad ti) was a pretty significant increase in both recoil and sound. The lt is definitely a chonker for a hunting can, though. Much more perceived weight and length than the sti.

It's basically a bench rest precision can vs a hunting can. One is delightful to shoot all day at the range and a pita in the woods while the other is nice to carry and nearly not notice in the woods but a little more sharp on the bench all day. Depends on your usage.

SpikeElk

FNG
My impression in going from a nomad lt to an enticer sti (similar to nomad ti) was a pretty significant increase in both recoil and sound. The lt is definitely a chonker for a hunting can, though. Much more perceived weight and length than the sti.

It's basically a bench rest precision can vs a hunting can. One is delightful to shoot all day at the range and a pita in the woods while the other is nice to carry and nearly not notice in the woods but a little more sharp on the bench all day. Depends on your usage.
Thank you for the comparison of the two cans. I will probably go with the LT and then later get something smaller and lighter for hunting. l have always heard you never just buy one! Nomad ti or scythe could be up next.

A good compromise would be the regular Nomad 30. It is a bit heavier than the Ti version, but not by much. I have one and it does a great job of suppressing my 20" 6.5 Creedmoor, my 20" 260 Rem, and my 21.5" 300 Win Mag.

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing wrong with the Nomad Ti, but given how long you will be waiting anyway, a few weeks for the one you want to come back in stock makes sense.

I have a bunch of cans, but in terms of direct thread, 30 cal, I have a Gemtech Tracker and a SilencerCo Harvester 30. Both work great on .308 and 300 WM. I also have a Scythe Ti in jail.

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have experience with the dead air nomad ti? I really wanted to pickup the silencerco Sythe ti, but cannot find it in stock from where my local shop sources from….I am most concerned with decibel reduction followed by length/weight and will be used for whitetail hunting exclusively on a tikka 308 cut to 18inches….any other suggestions welcome.

Own both the Nomad L and the Nomad Ti with the E-Brake. For a hunting can the Nomad Ti will work, it knocks the sound down really well and is both short and light, easily good enough for shooting a few times without headphones while hunting.

However the Nomad L is significantly quieter, so much so that my brother only hunts with the standard Nomad L rather than his Ti despite being double the weight.

So my personal opinion is go with the Nomad LTI XC, you won’t notice the 1.8” and 3 oz but you will notice how much quieter it is when you shoot.

I have the nomad ti, i have not compared it to the lt but i can't imagine it being worth it for hunting.

The normal ti does great and is still a manageable length. I have a 20" .308 and it sounds like a .22 when i shoot it. I will probbaly end up cutting it down to 16" for next year, i hunt in very dense woods and its a tad long with the silencer. Totally worth it tho.

Harvey_NW

WKR
I have the Nomad Ti and am extremely happy with it. I do a lot of backpack hunting and have very bad tinnitus in my left ear, so weight and sound suppression were at the top of my list when I ordered mine. Recoil impulse is completely manageable on 6.5 PRC, and I shot at a handful of coyotes my first outing and my ears didn't even ring that evening. It does heat up quick and produce heavy mirage with quick shot strings on the bench, but a good cover should reduce that quite a bit. I got one but haven't got to shoot with it yet.