Silencer recommendation for whitetail hunting

Njt124

FNG
Does anyone have experience with the dead air nomad ti? I really wanted to pickup the silencerco Sythe ti, but cannot find it in stock from where my local shop sources from….I am most concerned with decibel reduction followed by length/weight and will be used for whitetail hunting exclusively on a tikka 308 cut to 18inches….any other suggestions welcome.

Luke S

Lil-Rokslider
I was just shopping for a suppressor. It would appear that the Evo Harvester might be discontinued. I think I saw it discounted a bit in one or two places (maybe to move old stock?). I ended up going with a different one. If you like the Evo you might want to grab one while they are still around.

Last edited:

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
I will mainly be using mine for whitetail on short barrels (17” tikka 6.5cm, 20” CA 6.5prc) as well although I don’t think that matters. I just picked up my AB Raptor 8 with 2” reflex and just ordered a Diligent Defense Entiser S-ti. I also looked at the Scythe ti but it was near $1k and the enticer s-ti was mid $600’s.

I have a good friend I shoot with a lot who owns the Nomad Ti. It’s a great can and consistently tested as one of the best.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
My advice would be to wait for what you specifically want. They'll probably be back in stock in a matter of weeks. Suppressors are a lifetime purchase
Good advice, I was just talking to a place that said right now TBAC is like a 16 week back order. Not sure how true that is but that’s what I was told.

I found my harvester Evo in stock at Capitol Armory. I was between it and an otter creek hydrogen but I couldn’t find the otter creek anywhere.

My brother’s harvester Evo is pretty comfortable to carry and hearing safe on my 18” .243- I tested it at 135 dB (peak) and the whole setup weighs 8.5 pounds

Good advice, I was just talking to a place that said right now TBAC is like a 16 week back order. Not sure how true that is but that’s what I was told.
Big TBAC fan here, but regardless of your muffler of choice, somebody in this fine country of ours has one in stock. Buy it and form 3 to your local dealer.

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Nomad ti and Diligence Defense LTI. I'm happy with both and so far no issues.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Sevens

WKR
I found my harvester Evo in stock at Capitol Armory. I was between it and an otter creek hydrogen but I couldn’t find the otter creek anywhere.

My brother’s harvester Evo is pretty comfortable to carry and hearing safe on my 18” .243- I tested it at 135 dB (peak) and the whole setup weighs 8.5 pounds
The Otter Creek Lab was one that always interested me. Seems to get great reviews and is lighter than the EVO.

OP
N

Njt124

FNG
Big TBAC fan here, but regardless of your muffler of choice, somebody in this fine country of ours has one in stock. Buy it and form 3 to your local dealer.
Is this simple to do? I guess I was thinking I had to purchase direct from my local dealer through their channels….this is my first can and am not familiar with all the options….

WKR
Is this simple to do? I guess I was thinking I had to purchase direct from my local dealer through their channels….this is my first can and am not familiar with all the options….
It should be very simple. Similar to buying a gun online and having it sent to your local dealer. It just takes a little longer and costs a little more. You might need your local dealers sot number/license to send to the online seller, but that should be easy to get via email request.

Also, I'd look in to the dead air nomad xc line, 3d printed titanium.

DosAmigos

FNG
I run a Dead Air Nomad Ti with a E brake and have had zero issues. Use it on my 6creed to my 300 Win.

Attachments

• IMG_9800.jpeg
    IMG_9800.jpeg
    678.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4566.jpeg
    IMG_4566.jpeg
    535.2 KB · Views: 36
It would take a few weeks maybe, but yes it's very simple.
Not sure if you've already talked to him but HansohnBrothers in VA are a huge TBAC dealer and probably have info.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
It would take a few weeks maybe, but yes it's very simple.

Not sure if you've already talked to him but HansohnBrothers in VA are a huge TBAC dealer and probably have info.
It’s all good, I was on the phone with a dealer and he told mummy scythe was back ordered and would be along in a few weeks, I asked if they had any TBAC in stock and that’s what they told me. I figured I’d just wait front scythe.