Significant weight loss.

Great work OP, I’m currently on the wagon too. I’m 6’3”, and as of late April I was 240, yesterday I just dipped under 200, on my way to a goal of 190. I’ve done this same thing before, but I’m dedicated to changing how I eat and making it stick this time, and threads like this are a key part of that process.

Yoder

WKR
GLP1 agonists are not perfect, but they sure beat the snot out of every previous weight loss drug and if they work for someone are less permanent than gastric surgery. Reduced all cause mortality, which GLP1 agonists provide in certain populations, is the gold standard for something doing more good than harm. If it helps people feel and live better getting to that result, well it is really hard to rationally argue with that.

I see this, and it is frustrating. I've seen it in some former SOF guys, you try to help them, and rather than being willing to go move more they just talk about how much they hurt and how badass they once were. I've also known some really badass old SOF guys.

Some times I really want to tell people 'I don't give half a mouse shit about who you were, I care about who you are and who you will be.' Not tried actually saying that. Of course, who someone was can often help understand who they are, the problem is when the past is used as an excuse in the present.

This^^^^^ and nice work @robtattoo

I know what you mean, but what weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of nails?
One of my favorite Goggins quotes: Nobody gives a F what you USED to do. What did you do today?

I try to remind myself of this anytime I start talking about the good old days. I've been struggling lately, I have to go to the gym tomorrow.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
I see this, and it is frustrating. I've seen it in some former SOF guys, you try to help them, and rather than being willing to go move more they just talk about how much they hurt and how badass they once were. I've also known some really badass old SOF guys.

Some times I really want to tell people 'I don't give half a mouse shit about who you were, I care about who you are and who you will be.' Not tried actually saying that. Of course, who someone was can often help understand who they are, the problem is when the past is used as an excuse in the present.
This is so true and so frustrating. I see it my own family members as they move into retirement and I also see it in many of the older patients I take care of. I’m in Wyoming now and it seems that half the older men I see “used to” be cowboys, ranchers or oil workers that put in long hard days at work and decided their retirement plan was to avoid hard work at all costs. The other half still hold onto that past life as part of their current identity and I think they’re much healthier for it. Just in the past week I met an 80 year old man who still considers himself the best hand on his ranch when branding season comes along “because the younger guys are scared to get in there”. I met another guy in his 70’s who is very passionate about the mountain men era in the west and still participates in rendezvous and reenactments that have him sleeping on the ground under a canvas tent in a simple bed roll multiple times a month out in the mountains.

I think it’s awesome if you were a badass when you were younger, but based on all I’ve seen, if I wanted to push someone to be their best version of themselves, then my main question would be “why aren’t you still a badass?”