Sig Zulu 6 IS Bino vs Vortex UHD 10x42 for chest binos

nobody

WKR
An IS failure means they’re just regular binos.
That have poor light transmission due to a small exit pupil, poor optical quality compared to standard non-IS binos of the same retail price, are hard to handhold because of the high magnification, have poor handheld ergonomics.

A rangefinder going down just means I get within point-and-shoot range.

That have poor light transmission due to a small exit pupil, poor optical quality compared to standard non-IS binos of the same retail price, are hard to handhold because of the high magnification, have poor handheld ergonomics.

A rangefinder going down just means I get within point-and-shoot range.

My IS battery dies in the field I pop in another, or I just glass with my RF binos like a schmuck I used to be.

I’m going to say from my experience I’ll take the dead IS binoculars over a dead rangefinder every day, I primarily bow hunt or muzzleloader hunt. And you just won’t kill with out a rangefinder. Besides, I have yet to have a rangefinder battery issue and that makes me open to the IS binos. Has anyone here had a rangefinder die unexpectedly?

2 RF's, both Leupold TBR's. They're garbage. Couldn't disagree more with the rest of your statement.
Bummer, I personally haven’t seen any but noted to stay away from luepold RF.

You strongly disagree that it takes a rangefinder to kill with a muzzy or bow?

nobody

WKR
My IS battery dies in the field I pop in another, or I just glass with my RF binos like a schmuck I used to be.
Not necessarily just talking about a battery problem, I’m referring more to an electronics failure.

If rangefinder electronics crap out, I just get inside point-and-shoot range.

If IS binos crap out, I’m just left with an optically inferior, ergonomically inferior, high magnification and low light transmission pair of oddly shaped binoculars. Yea I can mount them on a tripod, but isn’t that the big draw to the IS is it simplifies your optics loadout? Everyone I talk to pushes that you don’t need a tripod anymore because the IS is enough stability. so following that logic, my IS binos go down and I can’t get them stable, so instead I’m fighting to try to glass and increasing eye strain because the electronics went down. Oh and don’t forget about the small FOV.

I can get behind RF binos, because their electronics failing doesn’t bring down optical functionality. I’ll never get on board with IS, not in place of regular chest binos. A pair of 16’s in addition to 8’s or 10’s? Sure. But NEVER in place of.

Do you genuinely feel failed IS would hamper your hunt more than failed RF? I’ll take the inferior performing binos and working RF

I mean, I'm not selling these so I don't really care who doesn't use them.

Just like shooting Tikkas, suppressed, small caliber, match bullets, GPS mapping. Not everyone hunts the same. Cool.