Sig Sauer Zulu6

JK88

FNG
Anyone try the zulu6 binos out in the real world? Store didn’t give much to go on but seemed quite impressive for the coin

Been using them for two years now, use them for all types of hunting. Not having to sit down and set up a tripod and glassing on the move is the biggest benefit I have found. For 3D Archery the 16X's are the way to go.

bigbuckdj

WKR
I just wanted to bump this, I tried the new hdx glass at one of the tac events and I was very impressed. Im pretty eager up to pick up
Some 10x30s for my chest. I considered the 12s I’m just not real sure about the field of view.

I just wanted to bump this, I tried the new hdx glass at one of the tac events and I was very impressed. Im pretty eager up to pick up
Some 10x30s for my chest. I considered the 12s I’m just not real sure about the field of view.
Interested in the new hdx 20x! I’ve been using the original 16x42 and absolutely love them. The new price point seems crazy to me though.

4th_point

WKR
I'm curious how they compare to the Canons in terms of image quality, for that price range. SIG definitely wins in terms of weight, but the 15x and 18x Canon are 50mm.

bigbuckdj

WKR
The 15x50 or 10x42 canon looks sweet too, I wish there was somewhere to compare these. I wonder if the stabilization works as well as the sig.

4th_point

WKR
I had two of the non-HDX and I think that the stabilization is better than the full-size Canon in actual use. The Canon is fine, but the SIG seemed to handle bigger movements and vibration better. But the Canon is optically superior to the non-HDX.

bigbuckdj

WKR
I’ve never been impressed with the non hdx glass, I was pleased with the view of the hdx glass at TAC. I looked through the 10s, 12s, and 16s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4th_point

WKR
I had two of the non-HDX and I think that the stabilization is better than the full-size Canon in actual use. The Canon is fine, but the SIG seemed to handle bigger movements and vibration better. But the Canon is optically superior to the non-HDX.
Old thread, but a few weeks ago I tried the 15x50 Canon and non-HDX 16x42 SIG side by side and confirmed what I recalled having used both in the past. The Canon image is better and clear nearly to the edge and appears flat. The SIG sample that I tried was blurry with blue/violet near the edge. SIG wins for weight and size though.

This time I did not notice much difference in IS. I've been using IS for over a year now so that might have something to do with it.

I'm looking forward to trying the HDX. But the non-HDX can be found used or on sale for a good price. Much less than the Canon.

Old thread, but a few weeks ago I tried the 15x50 Canon and non-HDX 16x42 SIG side by side and confirmed what I recalled having used both in the past. The Canon image is better and clear nearly to the edge and appears flat. The SIG sample that I tried was blurry with blue/violet near the edge. SIG wins for weight and size though.

This time I did not notice much difference in IS. I've been using IS for over a year now so that might have something to do with it.

I'm looking forward to trying the HDX. But the non-HDX can be found used or on sale for a good price. Much less than the Canon.
I have two pairs of the new HDX in my possession. And used the older Zulu 6 binos extensively. I agree the edge to edge clarity of the older models was not great. But with the new hdx models I am not seeing any blur edge to edge and no color discoloration. And the new lock on feature is rock steady.

bigbuckdj

WKR
The non hdx glass to me, I just didn’t like it. It seems very blue to me like most of the rangefinding binos I’ve looked through. The hdx glass is much better to me.

I posted earlier about getting tens, I ended up with the 12s I think they’ll definitely serve my purpose when I’m not wanting to carry a tripod.

I went back and forth between the 12s and 16s, I wanted a little better field of view in the 12s so I went for that. I can’t get over how well the image stabilizing works, I got a kilo4k too for that.

Regarding the canons, the 10x42s seem really cool but they are nearly twice the weight of the sigs. They overcome the biggest knock on the sigs which is field of view, I’d love to mess with a pair of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4th_point

WKR
The non hdx glass to me, I just didn’t like it. It seems very blue to me like most of the rangefinding binos I’ve looked through. The hdx glass is much better to me.
I never noticed the blue cast with the non-HDX until I compared to the Canon then it was very noticeable.

The new HDX sounds great, but I really don't need more binoculars!

180ls1

WKR
How is everyone doing with the FOV? Any other updates or impressions?

My 10x Monarch HG is @ 6.9* comapred to these at 5.2*

How is everyone doing with the FOV? Any other updates or impressions?

My 10x Monarch HG is @ 6.9* comapred to these at 5.2*
Yes slightly narrower FOV, but doesn’t really bother me. I’ve glassed at low lights now multiple times and I’m pretty impressed with the light transmission and glass quality. Few buddies of mine have them now as well and rave about the quality.