sig sauer zulu 6 HDX vs swaro nl pure 12x42

There have been plenty of issues. I have not seen issues with the electronics yet, but they are a relatively new product, so not on the market long enough for too much to show up yet, in my opinion. I have seen multiple issues with the glass, especially the objective lenses. They seem to scratch and get damaged really easily. In my small group of friends that have them, I have seen 3 with glass issues.
The hardware side of the binos is covered for life by SIG. The electronics are covered for 5 years. Course, that doesn’t help in the field. But mine held up great during a hunt over Thanksgiving weekend. And it sounds like Cliff G used them a ton this fall without issues.

Picked the NL’s up Wednesday night. They needed a little TLC and I ordered new eye cups. Will be sending them to swaro for refurb after the holidays to avoid the shipping madness. Throughly impressed with the edge to edge clarity and low light visibility. Going to pack up my gear and mess around in the badlands on Sunday chasing rutting bucks with the bow!

Also Played around with my buddies Zulus and I have to say from a running pickup the IS was pretty cool. Definitely something to be said with these and excited to see what other manufacturers potentially hop into this market.
Good choice, the NL are crazy, and when you get used to using them and look through great glass, you see how good the NL actually are. They aren’t just a little better than other top shelf glass

Passing up a good deal on NL would be crazy. I need another pair in 8x42, because I would rather use my 12x NL for close range glassing than my 8x slc’s, so it’s going to be time to move them along and get some 8x NL

It’s all good until you sit behind them, with glass, ignorance is bliss

OP
pjww805

pjww805

FNG
Good choice, the NL are crazy, and when you get used to using them and look through great glass, you see how good the NL actually are. They aren’t just a little better than other top shelf glass

Passing up a good deal on NL would be crazy. I need another pair in 8x42, because I would rather use my 12x NL for close range glassing than my 8x slc’s, so it’s going to be time to move them along and get some 8x NL

It’s all good until you sit behind them, with glass, ignorance is bliss
took them out on a quick archery hunt last weekend chasing muleys. I'm not sure if it was pure luck but every time I picked them up I was finding deer in different draws/shaded areas. After some TLC and new eye cups they are money. LOVE the way they fit in your hands. Just need a larger bino harness and we are game.

Does anyone know if the Marsupial Medium Enclosed Harness will hold the 12x NLs with the eye cups fully extended? currently running the badlands harness and I have to collapse the eye lids every time to get them to fit .

6.5x284

WKR
took them out on a quick archery hunt last weekend chasing muleys. I'm not sure if it was pure luck but every time I picked them up I was finding deer in different draws/shaded areas. After some TLC and new eye cups they are money. LOVE the way they fit in your hands. Just need a larger bino harness and we are game.

Does anyone know if the Marsupial Medium Enclosed Harness will hold the 12x NLs with the eye cups fully extended? currently running the badlands harness and I have to collapse the eye lids every time to get them to fit .
Yes, medium will hold the NL's with headrest as well.

OP
pjww805

pjww805

FNG
Yes, medium will hold the NL's with headrest as well.

You sir are a saint.

Thanks!

dgilling

FNG
I know Aziak just released an adapter for it and Tricer is coming out with one in the next couple months I believe.

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
I have made several of 3D Printed ones for guys here… I normally love Aziak stuff but the binos won’t fit in a case with theirs… I even sent them the pics of mine to
Show how they could fix it but they like their style. I have also sent several guys the case organizer that works with them in a bino harness